2

"Newest resident?" What the hell did that mean?

"Daddykins, you mean we get to keep him?" The beauty questioned with such excitement.

"Yes Marin we get to keep him. His father wasn't too specific on his physical details though. I need for you to make the chains a little shorter. I don't need him getting too far." Jelani commented as if I wasn't standing there.

"Listen here! I am a god and you will respect me. I asked a question and I expect answers!" I bellowed annoyed.

"Uh oh..." Marin cooed. "You raised your voice at daddykins." 

"I don't care about your daddy-" I began but was instantly silenced when Jelani whipped his arm straight out causing the corded, leather belt in his hand to wrap around my neck tightly. He pulled down as soon as it looped twice around my neck and the ground below my feet opened up causing me to fall into it.

Marin giggled as she strolled away through the door that Jelani had walked through earlier. She disappeared, allowing the dark to cover her. My attention on her was broken as Jelani pulled on the belt which had essentially become a leash for me. 

He would certainly feel my wrath in the near future.

"Don't disrespect me. You would have gotten your answers had you simply waited for it." He growled just as I was trying to get up. His grip tightened around the belt as the ground closed up around me. 

"What the hell!" I shouted, my nerves at an all time high.

"If you haven't noticed by now I am an Earth elemental. I have complete control over any form of Earth around me. Also, you have absolutely no supernatural power down here at all. You are essentially a mortal. The only ones that have any sort of power down here are Marin and I. And Marin won't help you out so don't waste your time asking."

"Why are you doing this to me? Is it because of the shifters? I was already punished for that." I shouted annoyed that was he was saying was true. I was trying to move and I couldn't break free of the hold that the Earth had on me.

"No. I was told that you were in need of shaping up. Now don't get me wrong I was told about the situation with the shifters and I am not too pleased about it. What happened to those boys because of you was terrible." He snarled.

"I apologized!" 

"Not every apology is accepted especially when I'm sure you'd do it again just to spite your Uncle." 

"I shortened the chains." Marin's sweet voice echoed as she rounded the corner. "Oh! This is interesting. Are you going to punish him?" 

Her once sweet voice took on an dangerous, animalistic edge as her gray eyes turned into purple slits akin to cat eyes. In any other situation I would have been more than apprehensive but something overrode my instinctual fear and I was more than intrigued with her and who she was.

"Calm down Marin. You already fed twice today. Anything else and you'll get sick." Jalani chided her.

"Fine." She pouted, crossing her arms over her chest in annoyance.

"Hmmm..." Jalani hummed as he looked past me and towards the gate before looking back towards the door. "I don't have time to do my normal rounds and take care of him. Marin let the hyenas free tonight and  let them hunt. We'll reopen the gates in the morning and round them up as we get our guest situated."

Without another word the enticing being practically fluttered away as I kept my eyes glued to her. She disappeared through the doorway once more and I found myself once again stuck with Jalani, unsure of how I felt about that.