4

With the soft cooing and low moans that echoed from the room I quickly made the decision to head left. Hearing those sounds affected me in an annoying way as I quickly turned away from the door and headed down the hallway. My eyes found the paintings that lined the wall and as I admired them I kept track of where I was headed because the last thing I needed was to get lost.

This was also a perfect time to map an exit in case I found a way to do that safely. The hyenas were still a problem but if there was a way to get around them then I needed to be able to know where I was headed.

There were several hallways leading off of the main hallway I was on. It was hard to decide where to turn. I literally had no had no sense of direction nor did I usually need it, I was always somewhere I knew and if not I could easily get back home using my abilities. With no knowing of when I would be able to do this again I decided to cover as much ground as possible. Turning to the right I simply began opening doors down the hallway to see what was behind them.

There were a few bedrooms that had tarps over the furniture, keeping the dust away. None of them had windows and I found that quite peculiar. The rooms were much smaller than the one that Marin and Jelani shared and that was obvious considering they were the owners of the home. 

The last door I opened down that particular hallway was a room that was unlike the others. The walls were plain gray, no paintings on the wall, a small bed off to one side, a dresser and two other doors; most likely the bathroom and closet. There was a framed photo on top of the dresser and that was it. There was no touch of home or any other signs of life and I wondered briefly who's room this was. 

My curiosity peeked and momentarily I was pulled from my task of mapping the mansion to explore this room. Clearly someone else was living here and neither Marin nor Jelani wanted me to know it. But the question was why?

I was no one special. There was no reason to really tell me anything or explain anything to me. So the only reason to want to hide something would be because there was something happening here that shouldn't have been happening here. 

As silently as I could I closed the door behind me as I walked further into the room. I came upon the first door and opened it, only to be greeted by the bathroom. With a huff I closed the door back and went to the second door in the room. Opening it I found a large walk in closet, both sides of the closet lined with various clothes and at one end there was a shelf that held nothing but different types of shoes.

My fingers skimmed the outside the fabrics as I walked further into the closet. It seemed like it was all male clothing and shoes. So there was a young man they were hiding around here somewhere who wasn't exactly a prisoner? Maybe it was someone else that needed to be rehabilitated like me. 

But then where was he? 

There were so many questions running through my mind but I had to admit that whoever this young man was he had excellent taste. His clothing choice was amazing and if I could fit any of these then I would probably steal them.

My curiosity brought me out of the closet and back into the room. A flat screen T.V. I hadn't noticed before was mounted on the wall, facing the bed. At least they gave out meager amenities here.

There was nothing else in the room that would speak of who the young man was, save for the picture that was on the dresser. Without hesitation I headed that way, eager to figure out who this person was and what they were doing here. Gingerly, I picked up the picture frame to inspect it.

"Is this..." I hummed as I looked at the picture of Marin and what appeared to be another...Marin. 

There was a picture of a younger Marin with a young man that looked almost exactly like her. She was dressed in a cute baby blue dress with braided pigtails. There was a bright smile on her face and I found myself smiling at her smiling face. Who I'm assuming was her brother stood beside her with a stony look on his face but he was quite the handsome young man. He was a little taller than her and he appeared to be a typical protective brother with one arm draped around her shoulder, holding her close as he glared at the lens.