1

The untraceable grime from the table caused me to grimace as my cheek came into contact with it. It wasn't enough for me to actually get back up but I took notice of it. A groan slipped past my lips as the retched locals began another chorus meant to liven their spirits but all it did was bring down my own.

"Shut up!" I shouted over the din but to no avail. Either they heard and ignored me or didn't hear me at all. 

Didn't matter.

"You know that doesn't work son." My father's voice was as clear as day over the noise of the men inside the tiny, unkept tavern I frequently visited. Looking up at him from under hooded eyes I groaned when I realized that this time he was probably real. 

"What...What do you want?" I questioned as I reached my hand out to him. The strength I needed to actually touch him failed me, so I allowed my hand to simply drop back down.

"Well first I want you to stop drinking." He answered with a sigh as he reached over me and plucked the large mug from my hand. "And then I want you to run an errand for me."

"I'm no one's errand b-boy!" I shouted, annoyed with my father. How dare he think so little of me?

"You are since you don't know how to act anymore, apparently." He huffed as he sat back in the chair. "You still act as if the world owes you something and you're not even the one who was wronged." He laughed.

"But it's not fair." I whined and even to my ears I sounded like a little kid all over again.

"What's not fair?" He questioned with the tilt of his head. 

"Life." I groaned loudly before throwing my arms up and turning my entire body until I fell out of the chair itself. A fit of laughter bubbling up from within me at the action. I could hear the annoyance in the groan that slipped past my father's lips but I didn't care. Not in that moment. In that moment nothing in my dreary life mattered.

Not that my entire family practically hated me for what I did to Set and his mates.

Not that my job now was an errand boy for my father.

Not that I had no one in this whole wide world to call my own.

Not that I was honestly and truly alone no matter how many consorts I had taken as my own. 

Alone.

"Well suck it up. You're a god and gods don't get depressed." He truly was a master when it came to pep talk. 

Rolling my eyes I tried, in vain to sit up but every limb was heavy and I didn't feel like moving. With a groan I expended enough energy to sit up in my seat to stare at my father. My entire body was swaying as my eyes tried to focus on him but it was almost impossible.

"I'm too old to be dealing with you like this." He huffed as he stood up and made his way closer to me. He looped one arm underneath my armpit and hoisted me up, out of my chair. My entire body collapsed on him.

"You're a good man..." I slurred patting him on his back.

"Yeah, too good some would say." He groaned as he tried to balance me on my feet. Laughter spilled from my lips as he walked us both out of their. The noise from the tavern seemed so far now as the dry, hot wind bellowed around us, kicking up sand in every direction. 

My eyes squinted in an effort to see in the pitch black night as my father dragged me far enough to teleport us to his home. With a wave of his hand we were back at my childhood home, my feet dragging on the pristine marble that lined the floor.

"What has our son done now husband?" My mother's voice was light and never chastising of me. She loved me without fail and my father always warned her about babying me.