3

"So what is your decision?" Jelani questioned me once more. All I could do was look at the beauty named Marin and then back at Jelani. How could he expect me to choose a punishment when I didn't think that she deserved one. The look in his eyes said that he wasn't messing around so I ran through the options again and chose the one that I thought would be the quickest and easiest.

He sat on the edge of the bed staring up at me, those green eyes impatient for an answer.  The leather cord was once more resting around his neck. Marin stood beside me waiting quietly for an answer as well.

"I choose the last one. The writing one." I announced, looking over at Marin hoping that it was the best choice. Jelani's deep chuckle brought my attention to him and away from the now disappointed look on Marin's face. 

"That is Marin's least favorite punishment." He continued to laugh.

"Over being spanked?" I questioned, astonished.

"Oh that would be more of a reward for this one than a punishment." Jelani smiled. 

"Then why even offer it." I questioned.

"To be honest it was a test of sorts. Although I have been given a dossier on who you are and what you've done I wanted to find out who you really are. When you have to make decisions like that no matter how small it gives me insight to who you are and ultimately I am able to decide either your punishments, your rewards, or how best to rehabilitate you." He explained, a slight accent coming out as he spoke.

There was nothing I could say to that and he understood that. Turning his attention to Marin he instructed her to go get the writing implements and go to the dinner table. She huffed and opened her mouth to say something but one look from Jelani stopped her immediately.

"I want you to get ready for bed before heading downstairs and I expect you to behave from now on Marin. Just because we have a new guest does not mean that the rules are different." He explained.

"I know daddykins." Her voice was small and the guilt ate away at my insides thinking about her having to be punished because of something stupid. Even the way she left the room was quite sad. She closed the door behind her and left Jelani and I alone together.

"I am sorry about Marin's behavior and also the decision I had you make." He apologized.

"I just don't think that she deserved a punishment for something that wasn't even that serious." I replied, a little annoyed.

"Marin needs structure and if I don't provide that then chaos will ensue. When I first met Marin pandemonium was all that she knew. No one could control this intense bundle of energy and destruction until I came along. I'm not trying to sound boastful but I provided Marin with what she needed and if I slack any at all there is no telling what would happen." He explained and dare I say it...

I understood what he meant.

Structure was something that some people need and if Marin had been that dangerous before then it was understandable why. However, I didn't think that embarrassing her in front of someone that she didn't know was completely unnecessary.

"Do not overthink things. The punishment has already been chosen and it is time for you to eat and then get ready for bed. Lights out is pretty early during the week day and I don't plan on changing the rules for you."

He stood from the bed and made his way to the door. I was forced to follow behind him, mainly because my stomach wouldn't allow for anything else. I hadn't eaten since the day before and my appetite was at an all time high. Following behind him in silence my eyes scanned my surroundings for an exit and also for anything that might help me escape.