Alex Morgan - Disaster

Created Character- Aubrey Morgan
Relation to soccer star- sister
Created character age- 2
Word count- 2217

‼️this story is about 9/11 so don't read if it's not an easy subject for you‼️

12 year old Alex and her family were walking around lower Manhattan, exploring the city on their vacation.

For most kids, school had already started. But for the girls born in San Dimas, their story was different.

Although it was September 11, the three girls didn't start school until the 15th. So their parents thought a last minute trip would be a nice way to forget about their upcoming busy school schedules.

Aubrey, the youngest, was only two. She was just about to start daycare, and didn't even know about it.

But she didn't have a care in the world. Clinging onto Alex's neck as she held her, the baby pointed to a street stand, that was selling stuffed animals.

"Mom, I'm going to take Aubrey to see them real quick. I'll catch up." Alex told her mother, walking over to the stand.

"Okay, but don't buy her anything, she has too much already!" Her mother, Pamela, shouted.

Alex gave a quick laugh before continuing to walk over.

"Aubs, we can't get you anything, okay? Just for looks." The older girl softly told her younger sister.

"Okay." Aubrey said with her baby voice.

The little girl scanned the store, taking in all the tempting stuffies.

In the end, Alex did end up caving in and buying her favorite sister a stuffed monkey, aka Aubrey's favorite animal.

"Thank you sissy!" Aubrey hugged her sister tight, still in her arms.

"You're welcome." Alex laughed, kissing her tiny forehead.

The two were enjoying the nice moment, when all of a sudden, a big blast shocked everyone around them.

Alex's scared eyes looked up to the noise, only to see a big, black ball of smoke in the air, ruining the perfect blue sky.

Then she noticed where it came from.

The North Twin tower was smoking. She could barely make out a plane sticking out of the building.

At first, she thought it was an accident. Everyone around her did too, because most were recording on cameras, with worried looks on their face.

That was until 18 minutes later, the south tower got hit.

Alex was now panicking. She knew this was no accident. They were being attacked.

But only one thing ran through her mind; what was going to be next?

The blue eyed girl realized she needed to find her family, now.

Running the way she last saw her parents, Alex frantically carried her sister through the city.

"Mom! Dad! Jeri! Jeni!" She shouted over and over again, hoping to find a glimpse of one of her family members.

She had no luck today.

They were all gone, like they disappeared into thin air.

For two hours, she searched and searched and searched, praying she would see one of them.

Alex's arms hurt from carrying Aubrey for so long.

She decided to take a break on a nearby bench, but jumped right back to her feet when a loud rumble ran through the city.