Team - Donation

Created Character- Azari Moyunds
Relation to soccer stars- teammate
Created character age- 16
Word count-

‼️inspired by Sacrifice by Itswoolf‼️

Azari

"You sure you want to do this?" A nurse, Lena,  asked, sending me a look.

I hesitated before responding. "I don't have a choice, Lena."

"I'm sorry. Just two more years." She sighed out, sticking the needle inside me.

My sister, Maddie, currently has stage 3 leukemia, and has for as long as I can remember.

She constantly needs blood transfusions, bone marrow, platelets, etc. I was basically born to be a crop farm for her.

I know this isn't her fault though, and I don't hate her like I used to for it. Instead, I hate my parents, who only care about Maddie's health, not their actual healthy child.

I'm on the US National Team for soccer too, which is absolutely crazy at my age, and I have been for a few months now. Guess how many games they've been too?

None.

They don't even watch them either.

They didn't even show up for the World Cup or congratulate me on making the roster.

Lena gave me some juice for all the blood samples she took, leaving me alone in my room.

I don't have a choice to do this. My parents force me, and have ever since I was born.

Of course my team doesn't know about this, somehow I've kept it hidden.

I have a wide variety of scars and needle holes in my arm, and do not need any of them to think I'm some sort of druggie, because my bare arms sure do make me look like that.

"Got camp soon?" Lena asked after coming back in the room.

"Yup. Driving up there after this."

Little do my teammates know this will actually be my last camp, considering Maddie needs part of my liver to live.

I'm devastated, but I don't want her to die.

"Fun! I will try my hardest to convince them to not reach you, but I think we both know it's gonna be hard."

"It's worth a shot." I shrugged, getting up from the chair.

"Have fun. Don't come back." She joked, walking me out.

"I wish." I jokingly sighed, but at the same time not joking.

I waved goodbye as I got in my car, ready for the hour drive ahead of me.

---

"ZARI!!" Kelley shouted, practically jumping on me.

"Hey Kels." I laughed, hugging her back.

"How ya been? I haven't seen you in forever."

"Good, thanks. How about you?"

We made some small talk before other teammates made their way over to me.

"Hey Zar. How was the drive?" Chris asked, taking me from Kelley's arms.

"Smooth." I chuckled.

"Good. Did you finish all your homework before coming here?" She eyed me, always having that protective side over me.

"Uhh.."

She gave me 'the look' as I ran off to Alex.

I practically jumped on her, which obviously surprised her.