Preath - Safe

Created Character- Emilia (Emi) Heath
Relation to soccer stars- daughter
Created character age- 13
Word count- 1588

Emi

I've been looking for my parents for a month now. I was abducted almost a year ago, and finally escaped last month. This whole time I was either in some nasty old basement, or on the streets.

The couple that kidnapped me were very masculine, high, and drunk. Every day they would either beat me, torture, or rape me.

But now that I managed to escape, I've been on the lookout ever since.

I heard the team has a game in this city, Salt Lake City, Today. Although I have no money that I stole from my abductees left, the stadium has this grass patch I can wait outside if and watch the game.

As I did that, I saw my moms for the first time in a whole year.

"Today is a very tough day for us. A year ago today, our only daughter went missing. This game is for her. Whether we win or lose, every day that goes by is for her. Maybe we'll see her again one day, but until then, we can only hope. We all miss you so much, Emi." Mama (Christen) spoke into a microphone, the big screen projected on her.

My eyes teared up at her short speech. "I miss you so much too, Mama."

As the game went on, I only got more and more impatient.

I couldn't wait to see them, mom, mama, Kelley, Alex, everyone.

I did the math in my head. The game was 90 minutes, plus halftime and added time. That's around 120 minutes. For them to sign jerseys, talk with fans, and change, would be another 80 minutes ish. So 200 minutes, aka 3 hours and 20 minutes.

It was now into added time, them up against Italy 6-1.

So that means only an hour and 20 more minutes of waiting around.

---

The game was finally over, and I had been waiting out of sight from the bus ever since.

It had been too long, and I was starting to get impatient.

I didn't want to miss them, but if I went too early then I would probably get in trouble with security.

A little bit later, I heard some laughs coming from the doors as they opened.

Now's my chance. I thought to myself, getting up from behind a tree.

As I tried making my way to the bus, a security guard stopped me.

"Kid, you can't be back here. Go find your parents." He announced, taking one quick glance at me but clearly thinking I was crazy.

I understand why though, I look like a total mess. Not showering in several days does that to you, even if I did jump in a lake as a make shift bath yesterday.

"My parents are over there though." I pointed to the clump of players, all seeming a bit gloomy, even if they did just win 7-1 tonight.

He followed my finger, looking at the girls I missed so much. "What? No, that can't-" Taking one more glance at me, his eyes now went wide.

"Holy mother of god. I'm so sorry kid. Please, go make them all happy again." He removed his arm from my path, me thanking as I jogged by, honestly in too much physical pain to go any faster.

I could feel my eyes watering as I saw my two favorite people separate from the group, them the most distressed out of everyone.

Wanting to surprise them up close, I snuck up near them, not making any noise.