Mal Swanson - Them

Created Character- Kaelyn Pugh
Relation to soccer star- sister
Created character age- 17
Word count-

‼️ takes place in 2019, so Mal is Pugh in this‼️

Kaelyn

"Mally!" I shouted at the sight of my sister.

My plane had just landed from Denver, in Houston, for a USWNT camp I was finally called up for.

"Kae Kae!" She shouted back, allowing me to jump into her arms.

I haven't seen her since Christmas, which was 5 months ago. She's still in college in LA, and I'm just a senior in Highschool, actually missing graduation to go to this.

"I'm so excited you're here! How's Mom and Dad?" She asked, putting me down.

"They're doing good, not happy with me missing graduation though." I laughed.

"Eh, that's okay. It's gonna be worth it." She said. "Lets go to the hotel before we everyone is wondering where we are."

I agreed and she helped me with my bags, bringing them out to a US rental car.

We placed my bags in the trunk before getting in, and driving to the hotel.

On the way there we just caught up on stuff, like how school was going, soccer, our other sister-Brianna, etc.

"Rose, Lindsey, and Sonnett are waiting on you. The others can't wait to meet you." My sister laughed as we pulled up in the parking lot.

The others had arrived yesterday, but I had a final today at school so I flew in this afternoon.

"Also, they already had the meeting, but nothing really important. Don't worry about it." Mal told me as we walked into the lobby, bags in hand. I was already anxious enough about arriving so late, but both Jill and Mal reassured me it was fine.

"Okay. Now where's Sonny?"

"Right here!" Sonnett came out of nowhere and scared both Mal and I, but instantly hugged me.

"How ya been, kiddo?" She asked with a very bad country accent, making me laugh.

"Fine, thanks. How about you?" I replied. Before she could respond, Rose and Lindsey came running into the lobby.

"KAELYN!!" Rose screamed, running right to me and wrapping me tightly in her arms.

"Nice to see you too, Rosey."

I've known Mal's closer friends on the team since she joined, because she was so eager to have them meet me.

"I missed youuuu." She whined, not letting go.

"I missed you too." I laughed.

"Rose, let me greet her." Lindsey ordered, which made Rose let go.

"Hi Linds." I smiled and hugged my sister's only calm friend.

"Hey kid."

By now word had got out that a new team member had arrived, so some more players were in the lobby.

"Beware of Christen and Tobin." Mal whispered, much to my confusion.

What is that supposed to mean?

Anyways, I introduced myself to the players who were down, and they all seemed nice.

Tobin not Christen weren't there, which was understandable. It was late and practice was early tomorrow.

But I guess Mal didn't tell her team that her little sister was coming to camp, because they were all surprised to say the least.