Kelley O'Hara - Sleepy

Created Character- Camryn O'Hara
Relation to soccer star- daughter
Created character age- 11
Word count- 446 (sorry short chapter)

Camryn

I tossed and turned for what felt like forever. For some reason, I couldn't go to sleep, my mind racing everywhere.

I decided to go up and get some water.

It may have been 3 am, but I don't have school tomorrow so it's okay.

Mom has practice though, so I have to be quiet for her.

I quietly snuck downstairs, passing my mom's room on the way down.

The stairs creaked as I walked down them, making me cringe at how loud it was.

Eventually I made it down, enjoying a nice glass of water.

I stayed in the kitchen for a bit, leaning over the counter.

With the cold water, I was feeling refreshed, and now extra sleepy.

In hopes I would fall asleep soon, I made my way back up the creaking steps and got back into bed.

I covered myself from the cold November air with my warm blankets, shutting my eyes after getting comfy.

But there I laid, suddenly wide awake.

I sighed to myself, knowing tonight would probably be another sleepless night.

My mom thinks I might have insomnia, since I barely ever sleep anymore.

But I don't know where I would've gotten it from, everything in my life is the same as when I was sleeping fine.

I stayed in my bed for a bit longer, until I heard some loud rustling coming from my mom's room, and through the hallways I saw her lights turn on.

I jumped out of bed, knowing this was my chance for me to get some rest tonight.

My mom can always make me sleep, even if I just had 12 coffees. It's her motherly magic, as she calls it.

I walked out of my room and made my way over to hers.

I knocked softly, noticing the lights were off again.

"Come in." Mom announced loud enough for me to hear.

She already knew it was me since I'm the only person she lives with.

"Can't sleep?" She asked, lying in bed.

I nodded in the dark light, before realizing she couldn't see me. "Yeah." I mumbled.

"Come here." She said in a loving voice, holding her arms out for me to climb in.

I did so, and she swiftly covered the both of us, rolling to her side.

I cuddled into her as she ran her fingers through my soft, dark hair.

"Go to sleep, baby. I love you." She whispered the magic words in my ear.

Almost immediately I was out, thankful I had her to save me like this.