Alex Morgan - Family issues

Created Character- Vera Morgan
Relation to soccer star- daughter
Created character age- 13
Word count- 1745

‼️mention of abuse‼️

Vera

"I hate you." I spat in John's face.

John is my mom's current boyfriend of 2 years.

And yeah, I hate him.

He constantly flirts with my mom, and talks about how "good she is in bed" right in front of me. Like, ew.

He's also pretty physical. I wouldn't say abusive, but when he drinks, I think it builds up some anger inside him and he definitely gets pretty aggressive.

"No, you don't. And you will never speak of this moment in front of your mother, ever." He spat back, his tall figure towering above me. "Otherwise, I may have to do something we both wouldn't like..."

He looked over to a knife that was sitting on the kitchen counter, as I looked at him wide eyed.

"You don't have the balls to kill me."

"Wanna test that theory?"

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say, as he walked over to the knife, picking it up, and carefully examining it.

He then walked closer to me, but my stubborn ass stayed still, glaring at him.

I swear to god he was about to stab me, but thankfully my saving grace came back home at the perfect time.

"Hey guys! How's my two favorite people?" She announced, causing John to quickly shove the knife into his pocket.

Lucky for him, it was small enough to the point where it didn't stick out.

"Fan-tastic." I bitterly exclaimed, arms crossed, still glaring at the man she loves.

"V, stop acting weird." She told me, kissing John.

She then continued to kiss me on the top of my head, having to bend down a bit due to my short height.

I can blame my dad for that.

Speaking of my dad, he is pretty much out of the picture. The last time I saw him was four years ago, when him and my mom were finalizing their divorce in court.

He cheated on Mom, thankfully Mom got full custody of me.

Dad is a good dad. He just doesn't know how to be a good husband.

He also did try and get custody of me, but with low income and nowhere to go, Mom got all rights of me.

"I'm not being weird. John's just being a creep." I told her, following her into the kitchen.

She gave me 'the look', mentally telling me to shut up.

She knows John and I aren't very fond of each other, but that's only because she has no clue about what he does to me.

For the longest time now, she thinks I've been bruising randomly. Little does she know it's her perfect little boyfriend.

"Oh by the way, Chris, Tobin, and Kelley are coming over in an hour for dinner. They can't wait to see you again, Ver."

I smiled. I love all three of them.

"Anyways, Laura wanted me to come check out her new kitchen she just remodeled. I'll be back in 15 minutes." She announced.

Laura is our neighbor, who lives down 3 houses down.

"Bye mom."

"Bye baby!"