Team - Snow

Created Character- Valerie Edmonds
Relation to soccer stars- teammate
Created character age- 16
Word count- 825 (shorter chapter, sorry!)

No one's pov

Becky had woken up randomly, an unusual feeling in her stomach.

Ignoring it, she tried to fall back asleep, considering it was 4 am and she had practice early in the morning.

But no matter how she tried to ignore the feeling, it refused to leave.

Rolling over, she sighed, looking over to her roommate, Valerie, 's bed.

Much to her surprise, she wasn't there.

Becky shot out of bed, thoughts racing everywhere, wondering where her youngest teammate was.

She checked the bathroom, closet, even under her bed. The captain had no luck.

Starting to slightly panic, she went out of her room, and made her way to where she hoped Valerie would be.

Banging on the door, she wished her teammate could hurry up and open the door. This was urgent.

A very sleepy Tobin opened the door, wildly confused. "What?" She asked, wondering why her captain was so eager at 4 in the morning.

"Is Val here by any chance?" Becky rushed out, Christen now appearing behind Tobin.

"No, she's not with you?" A confused look made it's way onto both Tobin and Christen's faces.

"No. I just woke up and she wasn't there. I checked everywhere in our room. She's not there." A frantic Becky rushed, panic laced in her voice.

"Hey Becky, it's okay. We'll find her. She told me last night she couldn't wait for it to snow, so maybe she's outside? I mean it is coming down pretty hard right now." Christen told her older teammate, comforting her.

"Okay, yeah." She shook her hands as she took a deep breath, a little bit of relief washing over her.

A few other girls heard the commotion outside and tagged along, the three explaining to them what was going on as they all stood in the elevator.

"Okay, you guys go out back. We'll go front. Text us if she's there." Becky ordered to half of the group, which consisted of Ali, Rose, Tierna, and Lindsey.

The three, now with Alex, walked outside to the front to see if Valerie was there.

Much to their delight, she was making a snowman with the snow that was now about 3 inches deep.

"Oh my god, Val. You can't just disappear like that." Becky told her roommate, relief now taking over the worry.

Her voice caught Valeries's attention. The youngster turned around, noticing four veterans looking at her.

She smiled sheepishly before apologizing. "I just wanted to build a snowman."

The four smiled at her pureness.

That's when Christen noticed Valerie's blue lips.

"Val, how long have you been out here for?" She questioned, walking over to her.

"I don't know, maybe 30 minutes?"

"In this weather?! Val!" She came closer to her and wrapped the 16 year old in her arms. "You're freezing!"

"Aren't you cold?" Alex asked.

"Everything kinda just went numb." Valerie responded in a casual voice, like she wasn't just playing in the snow for the first time in a short sleeve shirt.

"Come on, we've gotta get you warm." Christen sighed, not letting her tight grip of Valerie go.

"This kid is seriously stealing my girlfriend." Tobin jokingly muttered to her best friend as they walked behind the two, Becky walking with them.

Alex chuckled, agreeing.

Christen brought the kid back to her and Tobin's room, where it was warm.

"Becky, can you go get her one of her sweaters please? A warm one?" Christen asked her captain.

"Sure." Becky agreed, quickly going to her shared room.

Not even a minute later she was back, with a nice, thick, grey sweater for Valerie.

"Chris I can do this my own." Valerie laughed at her older teammate's protectiveness.

Christen was helping Valerie put the sweater on, as well as wrapping blankets around her.

"You don't even know when cold is too cold, therefore I can't trust you to know when cold is now warm."

Valerie muttered something along the lines of, "mhm.. yeah.. makes sense I guess."

The three veterans laughed at Valerie's words, and how she looked wrapped in the thick blankets.

"Don't you look comfy?" Tobin commented as Valerie laid her face down on the blankets.

"I am. Now let me sleep."

The three laughed, but eventually Becky wanted to go back to sleep, and so did the other two.

They said their good nights before Becky had to practically drag Valerie back down to their room.

Once they were back, the youngster flopped on her bed and instantly fell asleep.

Becky laughed at her younger teammate's actions, before covering her up with the bed's duvet.

"Sleep tight. Don't do that again." She whispered, ruffling the teen's hair.

And with that, she got in her own bed, slowly falling back asleep, grateful that she found the kid she was worried about only 30 minutes ago.