Christen Press - Turkey

Created Character- Jordyn Press
Relation to soccer star- daughter
Created character age- 13
Word count- 1022 (shorter chapter, sorry!)

Jordyn

"7th grade girls up next." Mr. Kirwan, our track coach, 8th grade social studies teacher, and cooking teacher announced.

I got on the line, standing next to my friends.

We were about to run the turkey trot. It's something my school does each year around Thanksgiving, where you run a lap and a half around the area we run the mile on. People who finish in first and second get a prize.

First place gets a turkey, while second gets a pumpkin pie.

"On your marks.. get set.. go!" Mr. Kirwan shouted, me already ahead.

My only real threats were my friends Makena, Eve, and Evangeline, who were all pretty fast.

But I knew I could beat them, considering my mom makes me run with her a lot.

But seriously, I run 3 miles a day after school (besides Fridays, thankfully) with her and whenever I go to her trainings, she makes me do whatever exercises with them.

She also makes me go to the gym with her and her teams.

So I knew I pretty much had an advantage.

Knowing my speed, I started off sprinting, my friends getting farther and farther behind me as I kept up my pace.

If I win the turkey, my mom's reaction will be priceless and the funniest thing ever.

Just imagine your child coming home from school just to be holding a turkey sealed up in a bag.

The run wasn't too long, thankfully only around 600 meters.

The thing is, I hate running, so I'm glad it wasn't too bad. If it was any longer, I probably wouldn't have done it.

By this point, I was far ahead of everyone in my grade. In fact, I was passing some of the 6th grade boys who ran only 4 minutes before us.

The finish line was so close, only a few more yards to go.

I eventually passed it, my other friends on the sideline cheering for me.

I smiled as the school's secretary handed me the turkey.

I thanked her after she congratulated me on my fast time.

Not long after, Makena came, then Evangeline, and finally, Eve.

"Good job guys." I told them as we watched the rest of the girls our grade pass the finish line.

"Dude, you were so fast! How'd you do it?" Makena asked, out of breath and honestly curious.

"I train with my mom. A lot." Too much for my liking.

"You're so lucky. I wish my mom went pro." She whined.

"No, you don't." I laughed. She knows all the downsides of having a professional athlete as a mom.

Although it's great having a famous mom, it does get annoying.

One, she's rarely home. I'm not that smart, so I constantly need help with my homework. But because of her work, she can't ever help me.