Chapter 0: New Teams, New Troubles

Sumeragi ship

Y/n: This is the first time we're using this.

They then saw 4 devices in a briefcase and securely placed them there. 

Ghost: What even is this device?

Ian: That everyone, is what we've been working on for your next target mission. Since the rule of the two universes we've been won't be the same on your trailblazing with them, we tweaked your Gundam's data into one little device. That way you can still pilot it, but the difference is you're body is actually becoming one with the Gundam.

Lockon: Still though, when I heard about it I honestly thought that Setsuna's motto of becoming one with the Gundam itself is literally happening, I'm dumbfounded by this.

Ian: This is your new device for your Gundams and communications, the [Gundam Nucleus Armor Terminal] or GNAT devices.

They picked their devices based on their Gundam Meister colors. Soap asked Ian for clarification.

Soap: So basically this is where our Gundams are?

Ian: Yep. Mostly it's the armors in data forms but it still retains its stats and mobility. The only difference is that you will now have the will to create combo attacks now instead of just relying on controlling it yourself.

Vilda suddenly enters the room meeting up with the new squadron.

Vilda: Hello, everyone. I see you have your new Gundam devices.

Gaz: Vilda? What are you doing here?

Vilda: What else? To help you with the functions and properties on that new device.

Lockon: She's right. She's here to teach you how it works. It's also just like how we kept the secret of our Gundams from falling into the wrong hands. We can't let other people find out about our own origins. With one condition-

The rest of the members looked at Y/n. Y/n sighs knowing what he signed up to.

Y/n: Me and my squad's existence is known by the Astral Express team. But the rest that we are about to encounter will only need to reveal if they are deemed to be trustworthy as we progress.

Vilda: Correct, you're sharp as ever even after 2 years. Anyways, let me show you something that holds the key to unlocking its true potential.

She then showed a small chip that was the size of a palm of your hand.