Chapter 7: Doomsday is not Today

The Astral Express, 141, and Stelle are now approaching the acting Lead Researcher, Asta, about the situation. She's currently busy after the attack with seeing the tracking sensors about their systems.

Asta: Projectile radar tracking, normal. Telemetry signal frequency unusually high! Maintain at normal levels!

March 7th: Hi, Asta! We're back!

Asta turns around and sees the team, meeting up with her.

Asta: *Whew* I'm glad you're all back safe. Arlan just told me about the situation at the storage zone — and about his injury... Thank you, for all your help.

It might not be noticed by anybody quickly but Y/n notices she blushed a little bit. So he confirms that Arlan somehow has a liking towards Asta. Asta continued on talking to them as she shrugged the blush off.

Asta: In times of disaster, I realize more and more that the space station's researchers are its most valuable assets... Alas, we were ill-prepared for such emergencies... we should have built up our security and combat departments.

Y/n thinks about what she said and remembers that his team take notes about not having security and safety trainings in this place.

Y/n: 'Despite having a ship for exploration, Sumeragi, we can't ignore security and safety.'

The Sumeragi ship is still in AD Stella because of their job helping the company Earth house revived and running in fine condition, GUND-ARM Inc.

Back at the station, Asta continues talking to them.

Asta: On the other hand, the entire crew of the Astral Express seems to be extraordinarily skilled.

All of them are thankful and Stelle just listens intently. Dan Heng then asks first about the condition of the current situation.

Dan Heng: What is the current situation on the space station?

Asta: The situation is under control for now: The damage to our security system was minor. The intruder only managed to alter a small amount of data, so it was easy to fix. But...

Chall saw her troubled look on her face, written all over it.

Chall: What is it?

Asta: The real problem lies with the researchers... They trust Madam Herta wholeheartedly and never thought that the space station would be breached by the Legion. A broken spirit is far worse than a broken body.

Hearing this from Asta, Y/n reminds him how back when they discovered how the Ochs Earth had become corrupted and Beside Pain used it to spread blind truths and conflicts.

Y/n: We know... 

Himeko: Let's go speak with the researchers. Right now, the space station can't afford any more unexpected turns, especially from within. Y/n, your squad will set up some countermeasures if our scans are picking it right.