Chapter 35

Emersyn

I stand up, brushing off crumbs and feeling a gentle thrill at the day ahead. Valarie and I head to my bathroom to rummage through my clothes. It's time to find the perfect swimsuits for our beach day.

As we rummage through my closet, Valarie pulls out a bright bikini that I haven't worn in years. "What about this one, Em?" she suggests, holding it up with a teasing grin.

I grab it hesitantly, the fabric vibrant and inviting. "I don't know, Val, it might be a bit small now," I say, but her encouraging nod convinces me to try it on.

In front of the mirror, I can't help but feel a bit self-conscious. The top hugs tightly, a little more revealing than what I'm used to. I turn to Valarie, my face reflecting my uncertainty.

She waves off my concern, her eyes scanning me appreciatively. "Girl, you look hot! You have to wear it," she insists, her voice filled with genuine admiration. "Your tits look amazing!"

I meet her eyes in the mirror, the sincerity in her gaze giving me a boost of confidence. I stand a little taller, my smile growing. "Okay, I'll wear it," I agree, feeling a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

We both slip on airy cover-ups and pack beach bags. I take a fantasy novel off of my shelf and place it in my bag. I swear I'm going to finally get around to reading it.

As we step into the living room, I'm surprised to see not just Fowler but all the guys gathered, ready for the outing. My heart skips a beat when I see Marx among them. I hadn't realized he'd be joining us.

A flurry of thoughts rush through my mind, memories of the kitchen threatening to overwhelm me. But I shake my head slightly, making a silent vow to myself to not let past events cloud the joy of today.

I catch Marx's eye, his gaze holding a hint of something unreadable. I give him a small smile, a silent truce, before turning my attention back to the group.

"We're all set!" Fowler announces, his voice breaking through the brief moment of tension.

We all head outside, the sun greeting us with warm, open arms. The energy is infectious, laughter and chatter filling the air as we pile into Marx's van.

I take a seat in the middle, Valarie by my side. Locke and Cruz sit in the back while Marx is in the driver's seat, and Fowler rides shotgun. The van starts, and we are on our way, the promise of a day filled with sun, sand, and sea pulling us forward.

As the scenery whizzes by, I lean back, closing my eyes for a moment. I can feel the wind in my hair, the sun on my face, and the sound of my friends laughing around me. It feels good, right.

I open my eyes, letting myself soak in the joyous atmosphere. Today, I decide, I will let go of my fears and insecurities. Today, I will embrace the moment, the laughter, the friendship. Today, I will just be Emersyn, happy and free.

The van comes to a stop, and we all tumble out, a jumble of laughter and eager voices. The salty air hits me instantly. I can feel the gritty sand under my feet, the warmth of the sun kissing my skin. It's a beautiful day, perfect for some fun at the beach.

We find a nice spot and spread out our towels. The guys start a game of volleyball not far from where Valarie and I settle. Marx sets up a spot not too far from all of us. I watch as he takes off his shirt, and I can't help but stare at his toned, muscular body. The memory of that hard body between my thighs causes my skin to flush.

I look away, rummaging through my bag for my book. I can't wait to finally start this. It's been on my shelf for weeks now.

Valarie leans back, soaking in the sun with a blissful smile. "Oh, this is just perfect, isn't it Em?" she says, her eyes closed, a content smile gracing her face.