6

Charlotte's POV

It's been almost a month of this bullshit relationship, which means it's nearing the time for Steve to pop the big question.

She had tried everything in her will power to get her parents to change their mind but they were set on this plan.

The family get together with the Rogers only cemented the idea further, despite the fact that her and Steve barely spoke to each other the entire dinner unless it was to throw insults at each other.

So why on Earth the parents were so for this is way beyond her. She was feeling like a pawn being used in a game that only ends in a loss for her.

So now here she was pretending like she was sneaking out of Steve's apartment wearing his shirt he gave her for this picture. The shirt was baggy and just long enough to cover her ass, she had decided to pair the look with heels, while a dress hung over her arm.

When in reality she snuck in about 5 mins ago lined up someone to take her picture leaving to make it seem like they had spent last night together.

This was all it was staged photo opportunities, them being seen at a coffee shop, or spotted walking hand in hand at Central Park or getting cosy at the back of the club. All pure BULLSHIT.

But her parents weren't the only ones loving it the gossips sites were as well.
She just had to pray that this didn't somehow blow up in her face.

"Why have I been condemned to this" She groans to Happy who is sat up front driving.

"For what it's worth I am sorry you are having to go through with this" she sees Happy giving her a sympathetic look in the mirror.

"Why didn't I think to try and find a man myself" She sighs.

"Well given your past choices it's not surprising you closed yourself off" Happy now adds.

"Wow thanks for that Happy way to cheer a girl up when she's feeling bad" Lottie partly laughs.

"Sorry but you know I'm always honest with you" he defends himself.

"No I know you are, one thing I've always appreciated" She now smiles at him.

Happy has been with the Starks since before Lottie was born and is like a second father to her, he would do anything to protect her.

"What happens if I do find my true love though? Do you think my parents would let me divorce Steve?" Her thoughts now wondering.

"I don't know Charlie, but I guess that's something you will have to figure out if it happens at the moment you are talking hypothetically" Happy replies not really knowing what to say.

"I just feel so used and trapped" a tear falls from one of her eyes.

"I wish I could help you I really do, but I do think this could be the best thing to happen" Happy now stops the car at a red light so he turns to face her.

"How?" She huffs.

"Without sounding too harsh, maybe this will teach you to grow up a little"

"Why does everyone keep saying that it's like I'm being punished for wanting to live my life" more tears begin to fall.

"Wanna go get breakfast at your favourite cafe to cheer you up?" Happy now asks wanting to change the subject.

"Yes but your paying" She smiles at him.

"Only because it's you" he laughs.

After her favourite breakfast and a change of outfits she headed into work.