12

Steve's POV

As he walked into his apartment he was greeted by Maria.

"Is Charlotte home yet?" He asked not sure what sort of time she finished work.

"Miss Stark came home earlier feeling unwell, she's currently in her room sleeping" Maria replied.

"Do we need to get a doctor?" He found himself compelled to ask, something about her feeling unwell didn't sit right with him.

"I don't think so Sir, maybe await till she has woken" Maria smiles at him.

A hour went by and she came down the stairs looking pale, and his heart sank a little.

"Are you okay? Maria said you were in bed sick" he asked genuinely concerned.

"Migraine" she is quick to respond but he notices she looks like she's in discomfort.

"You sure that's it?" He looks her over noticing how her whole body is tense.

"Yeah. I will be back in a bit." She replies while getting her shoes on.

"Where are you going?" He asks confused and thinking she shouldn't be going anywhere right now.

"Need to pop to the shop, did you want anything?" she now asks looking at him.

"I can go for you" Maria now appears and offers.

"No it's fine" he sees Lottie smile at Maria but Steve notices she looks like she's about to collapse and rushes to her.

"Sit down before you fall down" he says catching her and helping her over to the sofa.

"I'm fine, I just need to go the shop" she insists trying to stand back up

"Maria will get what you need" this time his voice comes out firm.

"I need some lady products" she smiles awkwardly at Maria. Steve realises that's she's embarrassed but something in him wants to help her.

"Here" he hands her the TV remote and a blanket "I will be back".

Throwing on his shoes he follows Maria to the elevator.

"Okay so I've not really had experience in this before but she looks like she's in pain, what can help her think I read somewhere about hot water bottles?" Steve asks Maria.

"Hot water bottles can help" Maria smiles at him.

"Okay can you buy one or maybe two and don't women want chocolate and stuff like that?"

"Yes sometimes" she nods holding back her smile.

"Okay buy a whole lot of chocolate and sweets as well then" and he notices the look Maria gives him.

"What?" He looks at her confused.

"Nothing, may I ask where you are off to?" So wiggles her eyebrows.

"To get her dinner" he replies running to his car as soon as the elevator opens.

The piece of information MJ told him playing in his mind.

Wait why am I doing this?
You have never done this for a women before let alone one you don't like.

But something about seeing her in pain upset him and if he could help in anyway then he would.

Fuck what's happening to me?

Pulling up the dinner he is greeted by Scott who pats him on the back and hands over the food, that Steve called ahead to order.