10

Steve's POV

Today was moving in day, it had been two days since he fake proposed to Charlotte and it's been the most talked about thing in the news.

Although he hasn't actually heard from Charlotte since then, except an text to confirm what time she was moving in.

He still can't believe that he kissed her, that definitely took them both by shock, but something in his body told him it was the right thing to do.

Definitely helped to sell the engagement and that they were crazy about each other.

It was a passionate kiss and what surprised him most is just for a moment she kissed him back.
Then she said she was going to fix her makeup but disappeared.

Thankfully Wanda had texted to say she was okay which helped him relax a little.

But the tears that fell down her face were the thing he couldn't stop thinking about, besides the kiss, he couldn't tell if they were from joy or sadness. A slight pain fills his heart when he thinks they could've been from sadness.

Wait why do you care? He thinks to himself.

Shaking off the feeling he checks the time on his phone and realises her arrival was imminent.

I'm not allowing her to fill my apartment with crap.
If she complains her wardrobe isn't big enough tough shit.
She's not changing anything in my apartment, well I guess she can decorate her room that wouldn't be the end of the world.

His thoughts suddenly interrupted by the ringing of his buzzer.

"Yeah" he answers on the intercom bluntly.

"Let me up" Charlotte's voice speaks matching his tone and he buzzes her in.

A few minutes later and the elevator doors open and she is stood there with a man.

"Oh look it's my fiancé" her voice sarcastic.

She wasn't dressed in her usual attire which took Steve by surprise, but a baggy plain pink t-shirt which covered her top half and grey sweat pants and sneakers that covered her bottom half. Even wearing this she still looks elegant and beautiful.

Whoa where did that last word come from!

"Where should I put these?" The man standing next to her now asks Steve thankfully interrupting this thoughts and his stare on her.

"Happy leave them there it's fine I will take them to my room in abit, you've done enough today. Go home to May" Charlotte replies before smiling at the man.

It wasn't one that quite reached her eyes Steve noticed.

"I don't mind Lottie" he tries and argues with her.

"Honestly Happy I've got it. Go. Say hi to Peter and May for me" she hugs him before he hesitantly steps back in the elevator.

"Guess the rest of your stuff is downstairs in a truck with guys ready to bring it up?" Steve now asks.

"Nope this is the lot so show me where I can put them" she replies.

He stands there looking at her confused, she only has four suitcases with her and that's it.

"What?" She has a scowl on her face.

"You're telling me that's all your stuff in those four cases?" His voice filled with confusion.

"Just the stuff that I need" she shrugs in response.

"Okay then well the guest bedroom is this way" he begins to lead her upstairs to the bedrooms and she follows behind lugging one of the suitcases.