24

Charlotte's POV

They both drive back to Steve's apartment separately, the drive gives her time to think. She takes in her flushed appearance, she looked freshly fucked and everyone in his office will probably be whispering about it. Not that she cares because it was hot.

Lottie has been avoiding Steve ever since her kidnapping, not really wanting to explain her past if he asked questions.
Also she's confused about her feelings for him.

As they enter the elevator together they stand in awkward silence not even looking at each other. Once inside the apartment she walks up to the drinks table and fixes them a good size whiskey each, drinking may make this easier.

"Thanks" Steve says and she hands him the drink "Shall I order some food?" He asks.
"Sounds good with me, happy with whatever you want" she replies settling on the sofa.

Order placed Steve settles on the sofa but a cushion apart from her.
"I know you must have questions" she breaks the awkward silence.
"I do but first I want to know are you okay?" He looks genuinely concerned.
"You know what I am, sounds weird I know considering I was kidnapped by my crazy ex not too long ago" she takes a sip of her whiskey.

"He blamed you for going to prison?" Steve asks carefully.
"Yeah he got busted for drugs and said I planted them, but also the drugs he let the police take were from a notoriously ruthless drug dealer. In regards to if I had any play in any of this well it's probably safer for you not to know" she explains partially.

Steve nods before asking.
"Are you in any danger because of it? You know with the drug dealer?"
"I'm all good" she replied clearing her throat, that's a story she doesn't want to get anymore into.
She's also not entirely sure if she can fully trust Steve with a secret like that, they may be married but they haven't actually known each other that long.

"Did you mean what you said in my office? Do I need to go get tested?" Steve asks his eyes now flashing with anger at his words.
"What do you mean?" Lottie asks confused what he means.
"You implied that you've slept with other people while you were gone, and since we just had unprotected sex do I need to go get tested?" his voice is filled with venom.

"Steve I haven't slept with anyone else I said it in the heat of the moment, I was angry at what I walked in on. You were just about to get a blowjob and possibly fuck your secretary. Also for your information I would never ever go bare with anyone else, you are and will only be the person I do that with. Do you really think so little of me that if I thought I would have something that I would let you fuck me bare and risk your health." Her voice filled with annoyance and anger that he even thought she would risk his health.

His eyes soften at her words and but she's still angry at him. She downs the rest of her whiskey and stands to refill.

"I'm sorry" his tone now full of remorse. "I understand why you were mad. I was about to push her away before you walked in and I definitely wouldn't have slept with her. Also I shouldn't have just doubted you, I know you would risk my health" he sighs.

He moves to refill his glass as well and they both stand next to each other in silence staring out the window.

This is probably the most time they have spent together since becoming husband and wife. They haven't exactly had a traditional start to marriage but then again this is an arranged marriage so it's not exactly traditional.

The apartment buzzer breaks the silence and Steve moves to collect the food while Lottie moves to get plates out. Such a domestic task that's been rare for them since they ended up forced to live together.
Steve re-enters the kitchen with the food and her heart skips a beat when she realises where it's from.