8

Steve's POV

The whole journey back to the office Steve's mind kept replaying Scott's words over and over.

If that place is where she's only been with her grandfather and father, why had she taken him, it's something he can't seem to get his head around.

"You look deep in thought there pal" Bucky says to Steve as he walks back into the office.

"Steve?" Bucky now shouts as he never responded.

"Sorry what" Steve snaps out of his thoughts.

"Wow what's got you so lost in thought" Bucky raises his eyebrow.

"Nothing just thinking where the fuck has the month gone. It's almost time I have to put a ring on that brat" Steve tries to play it off.

"Stevie getting a wifey, will she come with a chain?" Bucky teases.

"Nope she said I can fuck who I want" Steve shrugs as he remembers their conversation about rules and he was slightly surprised by this.

"Definitely got yourself a keeper there then pal" Bucky slaps him on the back.

"Yeah" he mumbles before entering his office.

He needed a distraction so picks up his desk phone and asks Peggy to come in, a quick blow job and maybe a fuck will hopefully help clear his mind of all these thoughts.

Two days later he was sat in his fathers office after being summoned.

"Have you planned how you are going to do it yet?"Joseph now asks his son.

"Can't I just give her the ring and be done with it, does it have to be a big grand gesture" Steve scoffs.

"Yes, it has to be front page on all those gossip sites that the kids read these days and possibly New York Times, everyone has to know that our families are becoming one" frustration lacing his father's voice.

"Fuck sake" Steve groans.
"Romantic isn't that hard son" Joseph scolds him.

"It is when you despise your bride to be" Steve snaps back.
"Ask your mother for advice she's good with all that crap"

"Don't you have any thoughts, after all you just said romantic stuff isn't hard" Steve's voice is laced with sarcasm.
"Enough. You have two days to get a ring on her finger so you better get thinking." Joseph snaps back at him.

Two days! Fuck sake! Steve thinks to himself as he storms out his fathers office.

Come on Steve you can do this you don't need your mom's help for Christ sake you can think of something romantic on your own he thinks to himself as he heads back to his office.

Pink roses are my favourite. Steve remembers her saying at the diner the other day and he remembers how her eyes sparkled while she told him the story.

He hates to admit it but he did like seeing the way she lit up and her eyes sparkled as she got lost in a memory as she opened up slightly to him.

Steve still can't work out for the life of him why she took him to what clearly is such a precious spot and why she let her guard down even if it was ever so slightly.

Everything about her frustrates him.

He loads his laptop and starts looking up pink roses wondering how he can incorporate her favourite flower.

The next day and Steve is at his families Rhode Island home, he's on the phone to Wanda who he messaged on social media for help and input.
"Okay so you will make sure she gets there on time" he confirms for 10th time.