11

Charlotte's POV

The kiss from Steve sent her slightly into shock, but her natural reaction was to kiss him back.

It was a good kiss she will give him that.

However when she took a look at her Grandma's ring sat her on her finger she felt sick.

Excusing herself to advising she needed to go fix her makeup, but as soon as she was out of sight her legs carried her out of the house and down the road.

She ran to a nearby beach and just sat on the sand, tears falling down her face as she looked at the ring that was once placed upon her loving grandmothers hand.

She always dreamed of this ring being on her finger ever since her grandparents had passed, this ring symbolised their love. But now here it was on her finger but for all the wrong reasons.

If her grandparents were alive they would never let something like this happen, maybe this was her fathers way of punishing her for having a good relationship with them.

Howard her grandfather worked hard to build the company so wasn't around much during Tony's childhood, not too dissimilar to what she's experienced. Tony really did try though but she understood business had to come first.

However when Howard handed over control of the company to her father, he became a hands on grandparent. Showing up to all her events, taking her on vacations and pretty much being the best grandfather a child could ask for, and maybe deep down Tony seeing that made him jealous that he didn't have that.

The day she found out they had both passed away in a car accident was the worst day of Lottie's life, everything just become numb.

It was almost like a part of her died with them.

It wasn't long till Wanda was sat beside her, they had an app on their phones which always showed them where the other was.

Wanda takes one look at her friends tear stained face and wraps her in her arms, as fresh tears now fall.

"It's the ring isn't it" Wanda whispers while stroking her hair, but all Lottie can manage is a nod for a response. They knew each other inside out and would always know what the other was thinking.

"I've text Steve just letting him know you are okay he was slightly worried when you disappeared" Wanda says once they are back in the comfort of the hotel.

"He was?" Lottie sounded shocked.

"Yeah took me by surprise as well" Wanda laughs as she hands her friend a glass of wine.

"I'm lucky to have you" Lottie smiles at Wanda "I don't know what I would do without you"

"Well it's a good then bitch you won't have to find out" Wanda smiles at her.

Two days later and she decided she wasn't ready to speak to Steve except confirm what time she was moving in.

Moving day! The day she dreaded!

Happy helped her load the car with the four suitcases she had packed.

"This is it?" Happy asks confused.
"Yeah for now this place has a month left on tenancy so I will just move stuff eventually" she shrugs.

What no one knows is that she rented another place out since her father forced her out of this one, well when she said she rented it was in Wanda's name of course. But what they don't know won't hurt them right.

As they pulled up outside Steve's apartment block she could see a couple of paparazzi waiting.

"Ready?" Happy asks turning to face her.