Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The scene unfolds with an ethereally beautiful woman, her wounded form sprawled across the ground. Each breath she takes seems to be her last, surrounded by a grotesque landscape of lifeless demon bodies. The battlefield bears the weight of her triumphs, for she is none other than Evangeline—a name forever etched in the annals of history.

Realizing the inevitability of her imminent demise, Evangeline contemplates her final moments. "I shall soon embrace death's embrace," she whispers, a faint smile gracing her delicate features. "Let it be known that I departed this world as a valiant warrior who vanquished five demon kings and ten thousand soldiers. May my legacy echo through the ages, Evangeline—a name unburdened by a surname, for I was but an orphan."

As her eyes slowly close, the world fades to black. Time stretches infinitely, and days transform into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. Lost in the void, the passage of time eludes her. Until one fateful moment, a glimmer of light pierces the darkness, dissolving everything around her.

Now, the scene shifts to a different setting—a room where a four-year-old girl lies nestled in a bed, a bandage adorning her head. Attendants and maids encircle her, their presence a testament to the care and concern bestowed upon the young girl. Suddenly, her eyes flutter open, and confusion colors her gaze.

"Where am I?" she murmurs to herself, scanning her surroundings with a bewildered expression. This place is unfamiliar—a strange world into which she has awakened. A woman dressed as a servant, sensing her anxiety, steps forward reassuringly.

"Fear not, dear princess. All is well now. Allow me to inform her majesty that the princess has regained consciousness," the servant utters with warmth, before swiftly departing, leaving the girl alone in the room.

Within the confines of her thoughts, the girl questions the woman's words. "What does she mean? I am no princess, and I had believed myself to be deceased. And now, I find myself trapped in the body of a child, my magical powers sealed away."

Voicing her doubts, the girl confronts the servant with an apprehensive tone. "I beg your pardon, but I am not a princess. I know not who you are, nor where I find myself."

With tenderness in her eyes, the servant draws closer, attempting to dispel the girl's fears. "Princess, I understand that this must be overwhelming for you, but rest assured, everything is in order. There is no cause for alarm," she reassures, offering a gentle smile.

Barely comprehending the situation, the girl persists. "I am sorry, but I have no recollection of you or this place."

Suddenly, two regal figures enter the room, donning majestic robes adorned with crowns. One possesses flowing blonde locks and crimson eyes, while the other exudes an aura of mystery with raven-black tresses and obsidian eyes. Concern etches their faces, and the black-haired woman takes the lead, addressing the attendant.

"Julie, update us on our daughter's condition," she demands, her voice tinged with worry.

"Your Majesties, the princess seems to be in stable condition. However, she appears to have suffered memory loss. She remembers nothing," Julie responds, her voice reflecting her own anxiety.

The blonde woman nods understandingly. "I see. You may leave now, Julie. Thank you for tending to our daughter. We will call upon you if necessary," she says, her voice laced with gratitude.

Julie bows gracefully and exits the room, leaving the girl in the company of the two women. The black-haired queen, sensing the girl's confusion, moves closer, taking a seat beside her.

"You may not remember me, my dear, but I am Misaki Suzuki—the queen of the humans and your mother," she confides, her eyes filled with both concern and familiarity.