22

Chapter 22

Evangeline placed her hand on her mask, noticing Mana's impatient trembling. With a mischievous grin, she slowly lowered her mask, revealing another mask beneath.

"Are you serious, Evangeline? This isn't funny," Mana exclaimed, her voice filled with annoyance.

Evangeline chuckled at Mana's reaction. "You should have seen your face just then. Maybe one day, you'll get to see what's under my mask," she teased.

"I hate you. But don't worry, I'll find a way to uncover your secret," Mana declared confidently.

"Good luck with that. Many have tried, but they've all failed," Evangeline replied, a hint of mystery in her voice.

"I'll be the first to succeed then. I have a question, though. Why do you have a scar on your belly? What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" Mana inquired, her curiosity evident.

"Perhaps I'll tell you when I trust you enough," Evangeline responded, leaving Mana slightly disappointed.

Quickly finishing their shower, they exited the bathroom and headed to their room to change into their school uniforms. As they prepared to leave for school, Evangeline realized they were not in the same class.

"Mana, if I recall correctly, we're not in the same class. How are we going to handle this?" Evangeline scratched her head, pondering the situation.

"You're right. It's all because of the principal. How are we going to manage?" Mana expressed her concern.

Just then, the principal's voice called out to them. Evangeline turned around to find the principal and Seiko standing nearby, the latter laughing upon seeing them handcuffed together. Evangeline gave him a disapproving glare, but it only made him laugh harder.

"Evangeline, Mana, so you're enjoying my punishment," the principal remarked, a smile playing on her lips.

"You're truly a demon for doing this to us," Evangeline retorted, her anger evident.

"You seem to be getting along better, don't you?" the principal observed, her tone slightly teasing.

"Evangeline, stop provoking her. We're no match for her. Madam Principal, how are we going to attend our classes? We're not in the same class, and I also have my duties as a member of the 12-member council," Mana questioned, trying to find a solution.

"No need to worry about that. I've already informed the teachers. From today, your two classes will be combined until I decide to remove the handcuffs. And for your council duties, perhaps Evangeline can assist you," the principal informed them.

They nodded in acknowledgment as Seiko hopped down from the principal's shoulder. With a snap of her fingers, the principal summoned a piece of paper.

"Here is your schedule for the next few days. If you two start fighting again, this time the punishment won't be limited to handcuffs," the principal warned, her gaze turning cold.

Feeling a chill in the air, both Evangeline and Mana grew apprehensive. They accepted the schedule and left for their first class—a magic class. As they entered the classroom, they noticed that most of the students were already present, except for the teacher.

"I suggest we sit over there," Evangeline pointed to the empty seats next to Megumi and Lily.

Mana nodded, and they swiftly made their way to the suggested seats. Megumi, noticing their arrival, questioned the reason behind the handcuffs.

"It's a long story. Remember when the principal called both of us?" Evangeline began explaining.

Megumi recalled the incident. "Ah, that's the punishment you received from the principal," she said, understanding their predicament.