20

Chapter 20

Principal Rosaline sighed heavily as she addressed Evangeline and Mana. "I hope you will continue to grow in my school and become powerful wizards. You may now go home, except for Evangeline Suzuki and Mana Asami. I want to see you in my office immediately."

Yuriko, a member of Evangeline's team, turned to her with a mix of curiosity and concern. "What have you done now, Evangeline?"

Evangeline scratched her head in embarrassment, trying to find the right words. "It's about my fight with Mana. She didn't appreciate us trying to kill each other."

Soon-mi chimed in, offering her support. "We wish you good luck with her, Evangeline. See you later."

Lily tried to reassure Evangeline, but the worry remained. "Don't worry, Evangeline. I'm sure it's nothing serious."

Evangeline appreciated Lily's attempt, finding it sweet. Her team wished her good luck and left, leaving her to face the consequences alone.

"Can we grab something to eat before heading to the Principal's office, Evangeline?" Seiko, her wolf companion, asked with a rumble in her stomach.

"I'm sorry, but we can't afford to delay. If we don't go right away, she might increase my punishment," Evangeline replied, a touch of regret in her voice.

Seiko let out a sigh and resigned herself to the situation. Evangeline took the lead, guiding them to the Principal's office. As they approached, Evangeline raised her hand to knock on the door, but it swung open before she had the chance. Principal Rosaline stood there, wearing a displeased expression.

"Finally, Evangeline. I wondered when you would arrive. Come in," the Principal commanded.

Evangeline entered the office, noticing that Mana was already present. She took a seat beside her, and Mana shot her a cold, disdainful look. Principal Rosaline settled in front of them, her gaze filled with a mix of sternness and concern.

"Both of you will have to live together for a month. If I recall correctly, Mana, you are currently residing alone in the dormitory," the Principal announced.

Mana's frustration was evident as she responded, "Yes, but there must be some other form of punishment. I can't bear this situation right now, let alone for an entire month."

Evangeline, feeling a similar sentiment, spoke up confidently. "She's right. Besides, my moms would never agree to me staying at a stranger's house."

The Principal's next words shattered their hopes. "Don't worry about it, Evangeline. I've already informed your mothers, and they are perfectly fine with it. They've already packed your belongings."

With a snap of her fingers, a blue suitcase materialized before them. Evangeline's spirits sank, and she could see the disappointment mirrored in Mana's eyes. The idea that her mothers had agreed to this arrangement was difficult to comprehend.

Seiko attempted to make her escape. "I don't have anything in the suitcase, so I can leave, right?"

"I'm sorry, little wolf, but Evangeline's moms insist that you stay with her for a month," the Principal replied firmly.

The weight of their shared predicament settled upon them, and the three of them fell into a state of despondency. There was nothing they could do but accept their fate.

"You may leave now. I hope your relationship with each other will improve soon," the Principal concluded, her tone conveying a mixture of hope and expectation.

Silently, they obeyed the Principal's command. Evangeline picked up the suitcase, and Mana followed her out of the office, leaving Principal Rosaline alone with her thoughts.