44

The stadium was besieged by a cacophony of roars and shrieks as monsters of all shapes and sizes encircled the arena. Panic and fear rippled through the crowd, their voices rising in a chorus of alarm. However, the school's defenses swiftly sprang into action, casting a protective dome over the stands, shielding the spectators from the chaos unfolding below.

Amidst the chaos, a brilliant light illuminated the stadium as Evangeline and Megumi's parents, along with Seiko, made their entrance. Azumi's expression turned grave as she addressed Principal Rosaline.

"Now I understand the reason for our invitation, Principal Rosaline," Azumi remarked, her tone tinged with seriousness.

The other parents nodded in agreement, their apprehension palpable in the tense atmosphere. Before any further words could be exchanged, a masked figure darted forward, his elven features obscured by the mask, and launched an attack. With a wave of his hand, he summoned forth tendrils of wood magic, fashioning them into a towering golem that lumbered menacingly towards the group.

In the ensuing chaos, everyone scrambled to defend themselves. However, Toshiko found himself unable to evade the onslaught, his defenses faltering under the relentless assault of the golem's wooden limbs. Evangeline and Principal Rosaline watched with cold satisfaction as Toshiko was overwhelmed by the golem's relentless barrage, their expressions betraying no hint of remorse.

As Toshiko's struggles grew more desperate, Azumi's concern peaked. She turned to Principal Rosaline, her voice tinged with urgency.

"Shouldn't you be intervening to save your student, Principal Rosaline?" Azumi demanded, her gaze unwavering as she gestured towards Toshiko's plight.

"Oh, no need to worry, this is just part of his training, teaching him to endure pain," the principal reassured with a smile, her tone unnervingly calm amidst the chaos.

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows and delivered a decisive blow to the wooden golem, shattering it with a single strike. It was Nurse Jade. With practiced ease, Jade hoisted Toshiko's battered form and hurled him through the protective barrier to safety. Then, in a blur of motion, she teleported to Rosaline's side and delivered a swift punch to the principal's head, sending her reeling. The masked elf seethed with rage as his creation was obliterated before his eyes.

"Fear not, Evangeline. Today, I shall teach you the ways of magic and ensure your safety," Misaki declared confidently, her demeanor radiating determination.

In the blink of an eye, the other masked individuals closed in, recognizing the figure behind the fox mask. Among them were demons, dragons, and otherworldly creatures. As they advanced, a horde of monstrous beings emerged from the portal, including spiders, giant centipedes, harpies, and griffins.

"Marvelous, as if facing these adversaries weren't daunting enough, now we must contend with these creatures," Evangeline grumbled, her frustration palpable. Seiko nodded in agreement, her expression mirroring Evangeline's exasperation.

Before Evangeline could react, Azumi intervened, halting her in her tracks.

"Apologies, Evangeline, but these individuals are intent on abducting you. You must remain by our side for your safety. Fear not, we possess the strength to confront them," Azumi explained solemnly, her voice resonating with authority.

A scepter materialized in Azumi's grasp, crackling with crimson lightning as it made contact with the ground. The arena pulsated with energy, transforming into Azumi's domain as she unleashed her power.

"Domain of Lightning!" Azumi's commanding voice echoed throughout the arena, signaling the shift in the battleground to her advantage.

Meanwhile, Misaki conjured a sword engulfed in dark flames, the ominous aura enveloping her form. Fuji manifested a suit of armor and a spear crafted from water, preparing for battle. Hanako radiated with luminous energy, adorned in armor forged from light and wielding a radiant sword.

The principal and Jade concealed the extent of their magic for the moment, although the principal wielded her staff in anticipation. In total, there were six masked assailants and six formidable adults, poised for confrontation.

The masked assailants wasted no time, launching their coordinated assault. Each one unleashed a barrage of spells and attacks, aiming to overwhelm the defenders and capture Evangeline.

Azumi stood firm at the forefront, channeling her lightning magic to create a barrier of crackling energy that repelled the incoming onslaught. Misaki danced gracefully amidst the chaos, her sword of dark flame slicing through the air with deadly precision, fending off the masked adversaries.

Fuji and Hanako fought side by side, their elemental prowess complementing each other as they unleashed torrents of water and radiant light against their foes. Together, they formed an impenetrable defense, deflecting incoming attacks and providing cover for their allies.

The principal and Jade remained vigilant, their keen eyes scanning the battlefield for any signs of danger. With swift and calculated movements, they countered the enemy's advances, striking with precision and efficiency.

Amidst the chaos, Evangeline felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins. She watched in awe as her parents and their allies fought with unwavering determination, their strength and courage inspiring her to stand her ground.

As Evangeline and Seiko prepared to unleash their next attack, a sudden surge of energy enveloped them. Seiko's swift paw movements trapped the surrounding monsters in a swirling vortex of blue lightning, while Evangeline conjured a searing flame in her palm and launched it towards the imprisoned creatures. In a matter of seconds, the monsters were engulfed in flames and ceased to exist, their forms consumed by the inferno.

But before they could unleash another assault, a mysterious magical circle materialized beneath their feet. In an instant, Evangeline and Seiko vanished from the battlefield, whisked away by the enigmatic power of the arcane sigil. The sensation was familiar to Evangeline, stirring a distant memory within her consciousness.

As they disappeared into the unknown, the chaos of battle continued to unfold around them, leaving behind a sense of uncertainty and foreboding.

After a few moments of darkness, Evangeline slowly opened her eyes to find herself standing in the midst of a dense forest, Seiko by her side. As her vision adjusted to the surroundings, she noticed a figure emerging from the shadows ahead—it was Mana.

Evangeline's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her rival, unsure of what to expect next. She exchanged a wary glance with Seiko, sensing the tension in the air. With cautious steps, she approached Mana, her mind racing with questions about their unexpected encounter.

"Mana... What are you doing here?" Evangeline's voice was tinged with a mix of curiosity and apprehension, uncertain of how Mana would respond.

Evangeline's eyes widened in shock as Mana suddenly brandished a dagger and lunged towards her. Instinctively, she raised her arms to defend herself, but the attack came too swiftly. The blade pierced her side, sending a searing jolt of pain coursing through her body.

Gasping in agony, Evangeline stumbled backwards, clutching her wounded side as blood seeped through her fingers. Seiko cried out in alarm, rushing to her side to offer support. The betrayal etched on Evangeline's face mirrored the disbelief that washed over her.

"Why, Mana? Why would you...?" Her voice faltered, choked with disbelief and hurt. She struggled to comprehend the sudden turn of events.