30

In the aftermath of the bizarre incident with the principal, the forest remained eerily quiet. Evangeline and her friends exchanged curious glances, their earlier humor quickly extinguished by the mysterious turn of events.

Then, to their surprise, the principal appeared again, her usually regal demeanor slightly disheveled, with an enormous bump on her head from her confrontation with Nurse Jade. Beside her stood Nurse Jade, looking stern but resolute.

"Attention, dear students," the principal began, taking a deep breath as if bracing herself to deliver unsettling news. "We are currently under attack by a group of dangerous criminals who are wanted by the authorities. Moreover, there's reason to believe that a traitor may be among our ranks."

She recounted the assault on their group, the menace of the forest, and the importance of remaining vigilant. The students listened with rapt attention, their faces etched with a mixture of concern and surprise.

Nurse Jade, while clearly perturbed by the principal's earlier false accusations, had not lost her sense of duty. She interjected with a serious tone, "Your safety is our top priority. We will regroup and get everyone out of this forest, back to the school where it's safer. But we must act carefully, and we need your help."

The principal nodded in agreement, then turned to address the students once more. "Please stay together in this designated area until we've accounted for all of our students. Once we have ensured everyone's safety, we'll teleport you back to the school."

Evangeline and her friends shared a collective nod. It was a strange turn of events, to say the least, but their resilience had already been tested in the Forest of Death. Now, they faced the challenge of not just the eerie woods but also the lurking threat of traitors and criminals

Two hours had passed, and gradually, the surviving students and teachers were gathered together in the designated area. Their faces displayed a blend of weariness, fear, and anticipation. The principal, Rosaline, had almost completed her preparations to teleport them safely back to the school. It seemed as though the worst was behind them, and a collective sigh of relief washed over the group.

Evangeline and her friends stood with their fellow students, their attention focused on the principal as she initiated the teleportation process. The forest had become even eerier, if that was possible, as the hum of the teleportation magic began to fill the air.

But just as the principal was about to complete the spell, a sudden gasp cut through the tension. Rosaline's eyes widened with shock, and a crimson stain spread rapidly across her chest. A gasp of disbelief rippled through the crowd as everyone witnessed the inconceivable – their principal had been struck by something that had pierced her heart.

Nurse Jade, who had been beside Rosaline, was first to react, catching her as she slumped forward. Panic and confusion swept through the students. Evangeline and her friends exchanged frantic glances, trying to make sense of the situation.

In the midst of the chaos, Nurse Jade's stern exterior wavered as she struggled to stanch the flow of blood. The forest around them was eerily silent, almost as if it held its breath in anticipation of what would come next.

The atmosphere in the forest grew even more tense as the group of four individuals emerged from the shadows. Each one of them was a peculiar blend of mythical creatures, a sight both terrifying and mesmerizing.

The leader, the Dragon Man, was a towering figure, his scales glistening in the faint light filtering through the dense canopy. His eyes, sharp as emeralds, scanned the crowd until they landed on Evangeline. Beside him stood a Wolf Man, his fur a mix of silver and midnight black, his eyes glinting with an intelligence that hinted at a dangerous cunning. On the opposite side, a Demon Woman exuded an aura of ominous power, her eyes glowed with an unsettling red light. Lastly, there was an Angel, his wings folded neatly behind him, his demeanor serene yet commanding, as if he held dominion over both the heavens and the earth.