Part 3

Chapter 3-The Journey Across the Sea!

The voyage of Prince Aemon to Pentos in 290 AC is a highly significant event in the History of Westeros. The exact details of the journey have been the cause of much debate, but it is a common consensus that this was a planned journey made for one single purpose. To obtain the greatest treasure of House Targaryen.

Dragons.

It had been rumored that Elissa Farman stole three eggs from the Targaryens before she began her journey across the seas. These eggs were sold to someone unknown in Essos, though many speculate that it was the Iron Bank of Bravos. King Aerys had been on the search for them for the major part of his reign. And in 290-AC, he would find them. Buying them for what is now regarded as the greatest Transaction of History.

Yet Alas, he would never be able to gaze upon them himself. Dying in 290-AC and those Dragon eggs would bring a huge storm for the Targaryen dynasty.

AEMON TARGARYEN-290AC

Aemon Targaryen watched the endless seas from the deck of his ship. The Titanic was perhaps the biggest ship in the Targaryen Armada. Its unique name was given to it by his father.

The sailors and the navy officers worked on the deck as they waded through the narrow sea. Finally, they were on their way home. He was excited as well. This journey had taken him way more time than estimated. But the issue's sensitivity was such that he could not rush anything.

Aemon had spent quite some time at sea. His father had given him the task of overlooking the trading endeavors of the Targaryen family. And for this, he had been on several voyages across the Narrow Sea. Sometimes to check on their routes and sometimes to meet magisters and merchants of the various free cities as an envoy.

Aemon reached into the pocket of his doublet and took out a very special object. The object which had allowed Targaryen to surpass the Sea Snake in their endeavors over the sea. It was a small wooden box. He rotated the small dial on edge, and the lid popped off.

Revealing a small piece of paper with a needle rotating over it. The whole apparatus is covered by glass. The needle trembled as it rotated a couple of times before one of its ends settled on the N. indicating the direction of North.

"The arrangements have been completed, my prince," came the voice from the side, and Aemon immediately closed the compass. Turning to see the person who had spoken up.

It was Captain Davos. A smuggler turned trader in his father's fleet. One of his father's peculiar choices over the years. But a fruitful choice nonetheless. The man had much skill in seafaring and had risen to the rank of captain over the years. That status was about to change in light of his recent services.

"Would you like to do an inspection, my prince," the balding captain spoke up once more. Aemon nodded his head at that.

"Yes, I would."

The man nodded at that, and they began walking over the deck. Moving to the special quarters of the ship. The crew bowed to him when he passed by them.

"I still cannot fathom how you even found these. Moreover, getting the person to sell them at all." Aemon spoke hushedly as they made their way to the captain's chambers. The two guards guarding it bowed to him as he passed by them. Aemon commanded them before going in.

"No one comes in under any circumstances. No one!" the two guards nodded, and then he opened the door, briefly followed by Davos.

"My Prince, we have been searching for them for over a decade now. Those of us recruited by your father were given this task by him specially. We actually located them a couple of years ago," Aemon frowned.