Part 6

Chapter 6

Euron Greyjoy was perhaps the best sailor of his time and was thought unstoppable when riding his signature ship, the Silence. He had made significant contributions during the sacking of the Stepstones, and he would have been richly rewarded if he had not overreached and asked for the hand of Princess Daenys.

King Aerys was said to be red with rage at the overreach, and only Lord Quellon's intervention had saved his son's life, who would then go into exile.

Though he would return and atrocities he would leave in his wake would always have us say, 'it would have been better if the King had taken his head that day.'

AEMON TARGARYEN-290 AC

"We are getting surrounded, my prince," shouted Davos Seaworth, and Aemon himself was starting to feel uneasy as he saw another one of the ships of their fleet sink down. He had recognized the opposing ship as the infamous Silence. The ship of the exile Euron Greyjoy, and even under his father, the man had been an exceptional naval commander, and Aemon was beginning to understand why.

"Ask the men to get ready and prepare the special weapons. Plus, give the command to the fleet to gather up, don't let them isolate a ship." And the captain nodded before he rushed to carry out the orders. Aemon rushed back to his cabin and looked at the map.

Euron's attack had been a surprise, but they were still sailing in the narrow sea. And it was right there in the name. Narrow. They could try to push through and push to reach Dragonstone. With the naval might of Dragonstone at his back, Euron wouldn't dare to attack.

But could they get through? Their opposition was well prepared for the attack, and from what he had sighted, there were ships from the Triarchy in its armada as well.

Moreso, how they had targeted this fleet at such a time spoke of extreme planning. So, he began to think up other routes they could take. They couldn't move back towards Pentosh because that would not be safe. So, that left him with only one option.

And just as he had thought that, the door to his cabin opened, and Aurane Waters entered the room, all geared up and ready for battle.

"The preparations are complete, my prince. We have taken out the wildfire weaponry as per your command. Though I would advise against using it right now, my prince," the man said hesitantly before continuing as he tried to explain.

"My prince, the weapons are extremely dangerous, and the fire is uncontrollable. If it spreads in our direction, it could be a complete disaster," he explained, and Aemon had known the same.

"Don't worry, Aurane, I was not planning on using it like that. Come here, though," he spoke, and the man rushed towards his side and watched as Aemon pointed at the map.

"I had hoped that we could turn back and then leave those wildfire mines behind us. If Euron tries to chase us down, his ships will go up in flames!" he told Aurane of his plan.

"So, you plan to dock on the Tarth island. That seems reasonable, but my prince, some of the ships in Euron's fleet bear the flags from the Triarchy," added Aurane Waters, and the same information had perturbed him.

And that meant trouble in the Stepstones. The trouble could easily spell out in other lands, let alone what was happening in the Seven Kingdoms.

"If we go through with this, we essentially cut off our escape route in case we can not dock there. And the docks of Stormlands aren't the safest," argued Aurane, yet Aemon could think of no other way. They had to make the decision fast.