Part 12

Chapter 12

We have already mentioned and discussed the betrayal of House Greyjoy in quite some detail. However, it must be noted that they weren't the only House that was a part of the rebellion. While no other major Houses rebelled against the Targaryen regime, there were other betrayals, some of which were more individualistic and personal. And the biggest of them would have to be the betrayal of Renly Baratheon, the youngest of Lord Steffon Baratheon's sons. Little is mentioned of the youngest Baratheon in the history books before his betrayal, and perhaps this anonymity made the youngest Baratheon try and carry out a coup against his own kin.

He would be supported in his efforts by Gelsaro Ferdinand, a sellsword, who is said to share his bed, and a man from Vale called Baelish. Petyr Baelish is an interesting character and was said to be the man known as 'the Preacher', the person who tried preaching against the Royal family, specifically against their incestuous ways. He presented himself as a man of clergy, yet later details about him show that the man dealt heavily in the business of the flesh—something which the Seven forbade.

0000

RHAEGAR TARGARYEN

The sky had turned dark, and the clouds thundered as heavy rain poured down, drenching them all. The Fair Isle strait was filled with a flurry of activity as ships crashed into ships, and men cashed with men. Swords cleaved armor and shields like butter, cutting through flesh and basking the waters below into crimson red.

Yet the two forces weren't equal. Not equal at all. The Royal army was armed with castle-forged steel armor and sword. Few men among the Ironborn had proper armor, and the realm's finest swordsmen had trained fewer for years to fight collectively as an army.

Yet even in spite of such challenges, Rhaegar would have to commend the Ironborn for their stubbornness and resilience as they clashed against his men with complete abandon. There could be several reasons for such fervor, it could have something to do with their religion or their collective identity as Ironborn, or perhaps it could have something to do with the man that stood opposite to him, clad in full armor wearing his signature Kraken shaped helmet, and wielding two giant axes.

Rhaegar gripped his sword tightly as the giant man moved unexpectedly quickly and swung an axe at him. Yet all his years of training in the yard against the realm's best fighters showed results as he simply dodged to the side, leaned closer to Victarion, and swung up at his shoulder, trying to cleave his arm off.

Yet the man was faster than he expected and could swing his axe straight at his head, making him abandon the attack as Rhaegar used his sword to block the attack.

BANG!

And the sheer force of the attack pushed him back, and he saw Victarion raise his other hand, preparing to bring it down on him. So, he shifted his weight on the other foot and kicked the man in the gut.

"AGHHH" Victarion grunted as Rhaegar took a couple of steps back and to the side. He noticed how Barristan and Arthur were fighting to isolate him and Victarion. Together Victarion would have been an easy target yet Rhaegar wanted to crush the Rebellion himself.

"No man can run away from his own story," his father's words rang through his ears as he gripped his sword once more.

Victarion straightened up once more and took off his helmet.

"You must be foolish to think you can beat me at the sea. I am Victarion Greyjoy, and We are the sea itself. HAHAHA," he broke out into a cruel laugh as he swung back his hair before taking a stance again.