18.

18.

Tevin in MM

Lauren

"I know you're probably not yourself right now with everything going on up there. I'm catching a flight home tomorrow to be there...Don't shut me out Amir, I love you see you soon." I sighed heavily after I disconnected the call. I still haven't spoken to Amir I'd think he'd fallen off the face of the earth except he still emailed Ace regularly. So, I'm pretty hurt although I know how he is too. When shit goes bad he throws himself into his work, and tries to block out everything else. Including those that care about him.

I had just got done packing my bags, and rolled my Goyard luggage by the front door. I then decided to head to Sky's room. Ever since I told her the news she's been locked away in there. I can't imagine what she's going through. I know I would go crazy if something ever happened to Amir regardless if we're together or not.

I knocked on her door then peeked my head in. I noticed all of her lights were off, and I could hear Trey Songz It Would Be You, and I knew she was reminiscing.

I remember a few years ago our crew decided to have a family night. Raqui, Chris, Sky, Tevin, Amir, and me. Trey Songz Anticipation mix tape had just came out, and you know we were playing that out. As soon as this song started Tevin started goofily serenading Sky. He always had a great voice; they were in there own zone. I knew then that he loved my sister for real.

"Tell me how your feeling baby girl." I told Sky as I got into her bed, and cuddled with her. I can't stand to see my little sister so broken. "I just feel like it's my fault somehow Lauren." She said as she started to cry. "Like if I would have stayed, and gave him another chance he would have got his shit together and he wouldn't have been there." I stroked her back gently. "Listen to me, this is not your fault. You left him because you were doing what you felt was best for you, not to speak down on him, but how many more times were you going to allow him to disrespect you. You came here and you blossomed into such a beautiful person. You met an awesome new person, and you are now about to welcome a new life into this world."

I sighed, "do you honestly think you'd be in the same space if you were still there Sky?" In the year after I left, the Twins mom had died and they both changed. Sky would complain to me how she would barely see him anymore, and she was hearing from the streets that he was moving up in rank fast. I told her that she needed to set boundaries that she couldn't continue to be alone in a relationship if that's how she was feeling. A month went past after we had that conversation, she called me asking if she could stay with me. She told me how he still wasn't really coming home that often, she went to his trap to give him an ultimatum the streets or her. He told her that he was in too deep now and he didn't want to. As she was about to leave some Cambodian looking girl came in interrupting questioning him as to who she was. The girl had claimed to been his girlfriend things escalated quickly, and she said she was through.

"No, but when I saw him he was different. Like the old Tevin before Ms. Linda died. He changed." I hugged her tightly, "maybe it took for you to leave for him to realize what's important to him. The most important thing you need to know is that if you would have stayed then you would have been enabling him in disrespecting you. Men don't like weak women. Focus on knowing that he was in a good place when he left us baby girl." She nodded, "thank you for always being here for me." "That's what I'm here for baby. Did you finish packing?" I asked wondering since our flight left at 6:45am. "Yeah, I'm waiting on Rich to get here so he can put them in the car for us." Rich had been so understanding in all this. They had been completely honest, and he knew she was in a longterm relationship before she moved down here. He was coming with us so that he could support Skylar. Ace was also coming, he said that we had business too. Honestly I'm glad that he's coming, he's been my support through this since Amir had been MIA. I can't believe Lindsey, Rahkim, and the twins were gone. They had become my brothers and we all created our own bond.