33.

33.

Lauren.

I woke up to total darkness. I looked around and noticed I was still in the room Amir was staying in. I sighed, and thought about earlier and how things had played out. I knew he was going to be more than upset, since I hadn't told him, but I had good reason.

We had started talking more, and he made sure we talked at least once a week while he was locked up. He had told me of the incidents that had happened with him getting into fights with the guards and other inmates. I knew that me telling him I was pregnant would set him off even more.

I was also afraid of his reaction. It seemed like no matter how wrong Amir had done me, I still cared about what he thought and his opinion. The love, although different was still there no matter how hard I tried to make it go away.

I honestly did feel like I was betraying both Ace and Amir. Ace was everything I always wanted, and more. He was good to me, he accepted all of my baggage, and was going to be an amazing father to our son. My love for him hasn't diminished, but Amir, I can't shake him. He's perfectly imperfect.

My feelings weren't a secret. I had told Ace exactly how I felt when, he started asking me about our phone conversations. Admittedly, he was put off, and he was upset with me because I hadn't told Amir I was pregnant. I never wanted to hurt him, and I had no intentions on leaving him. I made that clear to Ace, he was and still is my first priority along with our family.

I sighed, before feeling movement trail up my arms. I rolled over, facing Amir in the bed. I could make out some of his features through the moonlight, and could see him watching me. He didn't say anything, instead he placed a kiss to my forehead.

My heartbeat sped up, as he placed another on my nose and cheek, close to my mouth. He pulled away, scanning my face. I watched, as his eyes darted towards my lips and fought with myself. I knew he was going to try to kiss me, and honestly I wanted it to happen. I knew it was wrong though.

"It's just you, and me." Amir spoke lowly before placing his lips on mine. I remained still, as he let them linger against mine. He pulled away after a few seconds, and turned to lay on his back. "I want you so bad, I need you Lauren." He said in the same low tone.

I sighed, and shook my head. "We can't do this. It's wrong, I'm sorry." I apologized, I knew I shouldn't have let him kiss me. "Being with me is wrong?" He asked sounding kind of hurt. "It's wrong when I'm with someone else." I clarified. Through the minimal light I could see his features change.

"I know I said I'll leave it in your hands, but fuck it. I can get over the fact that your carrying his kid, but you're mine. Forever and always. You know it, and I don't know why you try to fight it." He said turning back to me. "I'm not yours anymore, Amir. I love and care for you, but I'm not yours." I said beginning to stroke the side of his face.

It hurt, deep inside telling him but I can't forget the events that led us here. "Then tell me to stop." He said before leaning in, my eyes zoned in on his pouty lips and struggled again. My breathing caught in my throat, as his lips met mine, and he began moving his against them.

It took a few moments, but I began to kiss back my mind going completely blank. He slid his arms around me, continuing to kiss me slowly. The fire on my lips, began to spread, taking over my body. I snapped out of the trance I was in, feeling Amir's tongue gliding across my parted lips.

"Stop," I told him pulling away. "You don't mean that." He responded before kissing along my jaw. I sighed as he moved his lips back over mine, claiming them again. He slid his tongue in my mouth kissing me, possessively. My power waned, as memories awakened themselves as he continued.