29.

29.

Amir.

We had just gotten to the club, and I was amazed by how everything had turned out. After buying the building and finding a local designer, I left the rest to Ace & his people to finish off. This was way beyond anything I had imagined. All three floors had a completely different design like you stepped into a whole different club, even though you were in the same building. The lower level was already at capacity, and the second floor is filling quickly. The line was wrapped around the building.

I went over to Ace, "man this is really dope. Ya really made this pop I can see a long future ahead of us." He smiled, and nodded, "for sure bro, but all this," he said pointing to the flashing lights, bottle girls, and people "is Lauren. I just sit back, and watch her work." I nodded. I knew Lo wanted to go into entertainment marketing, but I'd never imagine she'd be able to pull off something like this.

Movement in my peripheral made me turn my attention. I saw Lauren saunter over to us. "Just the woman we were talking about." Ace said pulling her close. I fought the urge to make a face, I still wasn't really feeling this. Fuck my situation.

She arched her brow with confused look, "what about me?" "Nothing to deep, I was just telling Ace how great everything turned out, and he gave you all the credit." She looked over at him, and smiled toothily at him, and I thought about how she used to look at me like that. I had been trying to suppress my feelings for these couple months, but honestly it's torture watching her be happy with someone else, but it's my fuck up.

"He better had. This was one of the most stressful jobs I've had, but l seeing everything now. It was so worth it." She said looking around, you could see the pride in her eyes. I could tell she loved doing this.

"Yo Ace, let me talk to you for a minute." Tony spoke approaching our small group. Tony nodded his head slightly towards the stairs, that lead to a back office. "Alright." He said before he turned to Lo, "You going to be good?" "Yeah go take care of ya business." She replied running her hands down the front of his suit jacket. "That's what I'm trying to do, but I'll be back soon." He said before turning to follow Tony.

It was now just Lauren, and I. It felt slightly awkward, but I knew it was because of me. After me, and Dominique got married, I called Lo, and told her. I didn't want her to hear it from anyone else. She basically let me know that from now on I didn't owe her any further explanations. There was nothing left to be said for us. She was now involved with Ace, and wanted to focus on that.

I told her that I thought it was a little flaw of her to move on just like that, but I should have never said that. She blew up on my ass she told me she knew everything about Dominique, and how I cheated on her with the 'scummy bitch'. After that there was nothing else I could say. I knew her argument was right, who was I to hold her back, from happiness. Ever since then we been cool working, but I was trying to avoid being in any kind of direct contact with her. I felt guilty, jealous, and mad all at the same time.

When she walked into that dinner room tonight I had been fighting to keep my eyes off her. She was gorgeous, as always, but she was no longer mine. I wanted to take that dress off, and see what the rest of it hid. The way it fell around her curves, had my hands tingling, wanting to touch her.

It felt like a sin, to not be able to. To keep myself from reaching out, I tucked my hands in the pockets of my slacks. "You look good Lo." I finally spoke. She smirked slightly, "with the way you were staring, I'd thought you would come up with something better than good." I laughed, kind of pleased she seemed to be in good spirits.

"Well I would use a few other words, but I'm trying to respect what you got going." She gave a small smile, and nodded. "Thank you. I know I was a bitch before, but you were driving me insane literally." I bit my lip, and looked down. I know I hurt her in the worst ways possible, and I'm going to forever regret that.