8.

8.

Lauren.

"Sky did you take my Fendi pumps?" I yelled across my condo to my sister. I was in the process of cleaning, currently I was organizing my closet, and I couldn't find my favorite peep toes. "Yeah, I got them." She says walking into my room with them. I snatched them out of her hand. I don't mind her borrowing my shit, but ask first. "Why you ain't ask, I hate when you do that!" I told her. "I did when I wore them, you was sleep yo ass don't get up for shit!" Oh yeah... I enjoy my rest what can I say. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was a text from an unknown number.

917-378-0982 : I just got settled down here. wyd?

Me: Who is this?

917-378-0982 : Amir, I got a new number.

Me: Oh, I'm chilling at the house with Sky. Why wat's up?

Amir : I'm trying to see if you want to show me around h-town while i'm down here.

My heart was starting to beat fast. I feel so conflicted. I'm excited at the chance to see him, I miss him. Of course I would, he used to be my best friend. Even when we were together I could tell him all of my problems, and he'd be there for me as my best friend. He was real with me. Not just on my side all the time 'cause he was my boyfriend. On the other hand he was the one who cheated on me with someone who was in my inner circle, betraying me, and causing me pain that still feels as if it just happened whenever I think about it. Thinking about everything, I decided I wanted closure, because I don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to move on, and us being friends is step one.

Me: Yea, that'll be cool. How about we set a time up during the week if we're both not busy.

Amir: Ok, you got plans tonight?

Me: Yea, I'm supposed to be going out Venue tonight. It's a big party their.

Amir. Ok, I might see you around then.

I ended the conversation there. I looked at the time, and noticed it was time for me to get ready for my hair appointment. I showered, and did light make-up. Bronzer, eyeliner, and a nude lipstick. I put on a pink chiffon maxi-skirt, a white racer-back tank, and gold Gucci sandals. I slipped on an all gold Movado watch, gold midi rings, and 2 carat diamond earings. I grabbed my white and gold Celine handbag and walked out the door.

After walking out of the hair salon, I felt like a million. My stylist Leah, has me laid. My naturally long hair is straightened and has a sleek wave to it. My hair is soft, thanks to my Dominican and Trini decent. Shout out to all my island people! So I don't get relaxers, a blowout is just right. I hopped in my car, and my phone started ringing, I looked and saw that it was Ace. "Hey whats up?" I said as I headed in the direction of the Galleria. "Nothing checking on you. Your mans is here you know?" "Yes, I know, but I'm on my way to the mall would you like to come with me?" I needed to find something to wear for tonight. "Yeah, you going to Galleria right?" Ace knew that was my favorite place to go. "You already know.""Aliright, I'm about 10 minutes away from there now meet me in Nordstrom," he said. We exchanged goodbye's, and hung up.

After arriving at the mall, we agreed on lunch before shopping. We decided to eat at the Nordstrom Bistro. I ordered a Steak Sandwhich with fries and garlic aioli sauce, while Ace ordered Chicken Marsala. After our food came to the table we started talking. "I think Sky, and I are going to hit up Venue tonight. What are you doing?" I asked. "Hitting the same party. Tony and I have some business there, and we're bringing Brooklyn." I thought about what he said. I know about what Ace and Tony really do, but I don't get involved in their business. "Oh ok, yall business isn't coming into our business right?" I really didn't want what we created with Prism to be at risk because all of their illegal dealings. We really worked too hard to watch everyting crumble. "Of course, I'm positioning myself to leave, and be totally legit. This shit with Brooklyn is going to have me all the way out." Ace had been talking about leaving the game totallly lately. I think he was considering it before, but since Tai is pregnant he wants to be clean for his seed. "I'm proud of you. I always knew you could do so much more than that street shit. You're a genius Ace, forreal." He smiled as he finished his food.