37.

37.

Alejandro.

Two Months Later.

"What are we going to do?" Juan asked me as I stroked my beard. "We track him to Tony. I'm just about positive that wherever he shows, Tony will be close by." I answered, and he nodded. "So you think he's still in New York? We got eyes all over." He said, and I nodded. "Yeah, he hasn't shown at any of those Miami spots and I know he hasn't been in Houston." I said, and he nodded.

"So we find him and then what?" He questioned. "It's over for him. He betrayed his family. All of us, and he got that snake out of prison, conveniently on the day JC died." I said and he raised an eyebrow. "You don't think he had anything to do with that do you?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know. He was already at the end, but I don't really trust anyone right now. He could have someone on his payroll." I said, and he nodded. "So I'm thinking a sweep of the compound tonight." He suggested and I nodded. "You know it. Check the apartments too. All staff will be searched." I told him, and he nodded beginning to take a few notes.

"What's going on with New York though? Where are those guys at?" I asked, checking in. "Well they've made up just about all of what they were behind in and after this next shipment will be on schedule." He said, and I nodded. "Good. What about the moves their making? What can you tell?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Something is up, not sure totally, but they're moving around a lot. Especially Brooklyn and Gotti. I heard a Zo was killed, ordered by Gotti." He said, and I nodded. "Who was he?" I wondered. "Not the highest ranking, but he was connected to Heavy apparently." He said, and I raised a brow. "So they know he's out?" I asked and he nodded.

"I don't know for sure, but it looks like it." He responded. "Word, find that out. They haven't come to me about it yet so I'm thinking they have enough information to move without us." I said, and he shook his head. "They need to come to you for everything." He said, and I nodded.

"I know, and if they keep moving recklessly they'll fuck everything up." I said, shaking my head. "Do you want me to call Brooklyn?" He asked, and I nodded. "Tomorrow. Let me know what him and Gotti are up to today and I'll know how to move forward." I told him and he agreed. "We done now?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I've been out all night. Lauren is going to kill me." I said, wiping a hand down my face. He made a face, and I shook my head. "I know, I'm going to do better." I said, before he could say it. "You treat her like an employee. She hates it here. I'm tired of seeing her depressed." He said, and I sighed. "I don't and I don't need to hear this from you too." I said shaking my head.

"You do. You schedule her and the baby into your schedule and still barely make time. You said it'd be different once she got here. She's been here for almost two months and you've barely spent time with her or the baby." He said, and I shook my head. "You know what we've been doing? How am I supposed to make time for everything?" I asked, and he snorted.

"You're Jefe now. You can do what you want and have me or someone else do what isn't necessary." He said, and I sighed. I nodded knowing he was right. Lauren came with the baby about two weeks after she had him. We or I should say she wasn't really speaking to me since I missed AJ's birth, but how could I have known he was coming early? What really made things worse is she couldn't get a hold of me for the next couple of days. I was surprised she still came. We still weren't really communicating and I couldn't blame her.

Honestly, I was scared. Things were different for me being Jefe, and I didn't think it was the time to be focusing on a relationship when I was trying to run Medellin, and get everything on track. I was now one of the most powerful men in the world, and it was a lot of pressure. Adding a new baby into the mix, and I was passed stressed. I knew I was being a piece of shit as far as being a dad and a boyfriend were concerned, but I had time to make things right.