36.

36.

Lauren.

A Week and a Half Later.

"Babe, where's the adobo?" Ace yelled from the kitchen. I shook my head, he called himself cooking for me. "It's in the cabinet." I said, going to show him. I went to the cabinet in front of him, and pulled it from the first shelf. "Did you even look?" I asked, laughing. "Nah, I should have though. How does this look?" He asked, as he added the adobo to his chicken.

"Uhm, like seasoned raw chicken." I said, and he cut his eyes at me. "Does it look like it's going to taste good?" He asked, and I nodded. "It could, as long as you don't burn it." I said, and he shook his head. "You stay doubting your man. I got this, now go sit down." He said slapping my butt. "Owww," I said as he shooed me away.

I went back to my spot on the couch, and put my feet up. The past two weeks have been crazy, but good. I was feeling less stressed, since I told Alejandro what happened between Amir and I. I really didn't want to hurt him, and I didn't want to lose him. I was glad that he forgave me and I didn't take it lightly.

I was also glad that Amir and I had a chance to talk about the baby. That was the biggest secret that I had been holding onto. I wasn't sure what I'd do if this wasn't Alejandro's baby, but I hoped it was.

I didn't want Amir, and if this was his baby, then we'd have to work some kind of co parenting thing out. I wouldn't hide it from Dro, but I'm not going to say anything until I'm sure. Things between us were tense for a day or two after Amir and him got into it.

I sighed, and rubbed my stomach, as I felt AJ start his kicks. "Why do you have to be so mean to Mommy?" I asked talking to him. There were a few more kicks, before I felt him start to move. My phone started ringing, and I looked to see my girlfriend, Ryan calling. "Hello," I answered. "What are you doing, love?" She asked, and I looked to see Ace still attempting to cook. "Making sure Dro doesn't burn the hotel down." I said, and she laughed.

"Sounds like Gotti, but I was calling to see what else you needed for AJ. You know I collected every baby thing in the world, already." She said, and I shook my head. Ryan was pregnant too, but she was only about five months. "Not much, but I'm accepting all donations." I said, and she laughed. "You busy today? I can have Gotti drop me off over there and we can catch up." She said, and I nodded.

"Yeah, we aren't doing anything today and I think Ace is leaving after lunch anyway." I told her. "Okay, well I'm getting ready now, I'll be there in about an hour or two." She said, and I nodded. "See you then chick." I said, before we hung up. "Who was that, Raq?" Ace asked coming into the living room. "No, Ryan is going to come over. She's bringing some baby things." I said, and he nodded.

"I don't know her that well. You like her?" He asked, and I nodded. "Gotti got a good one. She's the best. If Raq wasn't my bestie she'd be runner up." I said, and he laughed. "You can have more than one best friend, or does that go against some kind of code?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes. "It's still new. I don't want to be let down by calling someone my best friend if they ain't real." I said, and he nodded.

"You're still going with Juan later?" I asked, and he nodded. "Yeah, in a little actually. I won't be too long though. Did you want to do anything tonight?" He asked, and I shook my head. "No, I'm pregnant as hell. I don't want to go anywhere." I said, and he shook his head. "Well we only have a few days left. You'll be fine." He said, rubbing my stomach.

"I know, I just want him to get here. I can't wait." I said, and he smiled. "I know you wanted to stay here for awhile to let your mom to bond with AJ, but do you think we could leave after he's here?" He asked, and I bit my lip. I could live with moving now, but this new situation with Amir and the baby. I couldn't take him to Colombia, if he was his.