13.

Tony in MM

13.

Amir.

When I got in my hotel room I cut the TV on turning to ESPN and lay across the bed checking my notifications. I saw I had a missed call from Money and a text from Dom. I checked the text first.

Dom: we need to talk when you get back.

Amir: Yeah we got a lot to talk about.

Hell yeah we got a lot to talk about. I feel like everything is perfect right about now. I got my cinnamon fucking apple son! I honestly never thought I'd get her back. Allah knows how hard I tried.

My thoughts broke as I received an incoming call from Money. "What's up?" I asked as I grabbed some clothes to get ready for the meeting with Tony. "I been trying to get at you. We got hit majorly today. You have to come back now." "What the fuck happened yo?!" I grit out evenly. I can feel my fucking blood begin to boil. "A fucking robbery gone bad. Man, shit Grey dumbass sent some fuckboys to steal one of our incoming shipments, turns out he had a fed in his crew & niggas are getting locked left and right." Who the fuck does this nigga Grey think he is!

Grey is what he considers himself to be my competition. But in truth I have none he's just another hating ass nigga who will never make it in this game but he's been on my nuts since we were working for Mac. Now this is some next bullshit he's fucked up and pulled me into.

"Switch lines." I told him immediately, and disconnected the call. I quickly got dressed in the suit for tonight's meeting and exited the hotel room quickly exiting the hotel, locating the closest gas station. I found a BP at the end of the block, and made my way there. Once inside I made my way to the counter, "can I get a $15 Caribbean calling card." Money and I have disposable phones from the Dominican for secure calls. Can never be too sure once the Feds are involved. Once I made my purchase I pulled out my spare phone. After setting it up I called Money. "Amir shit is so crazy I don't know what we're going to do." "How much do they have on us?" I shook my head preparing for the worst. "Well Lindsey and his boys were out there, and you know how them wild niggas get down once they saw 12 they started blasting. They killed all them niggas except Grey he survived but now they got him in protective custody." Fuck this cannot be happening right now! " What the fuck so Lindsey & Rah locked?" "Nah once 12 swarmed it was a shoot out. They killed Lindsey, Rah, and Tevin. Twin got arrested but that nigga is going insane since they killed Tevin." I felt a pain in my chest.

Lindsey and Rah were put in the crew with me and Money when we first started selling for Mac. All 4 of us built a loyalty and trust within each other and became a family. When we all decided we wanted more from this lifestyle, we all did it together and made it here. We met Devin and Tevin when they played ball at the court in the neighborhood they dropped out of school to help their moms who was dying of breast cancer and we put them on. They were loyal and we helped them get through it when their moms past shortly after. They were inseparable.

"WTF YOU TELLING ME MY BROTHERS GONE YO. YOU NOT TELLING ME THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW!" I yelled into the phone. I feel my entire body vibrate with pure fury. "You gotta come back Mir. I can't handle this these my brothers too we family we gotta get shit right call the Jew." "Aight I'll do that now." "Aight love you Mir." "Love you too Chris." I hung up. I felt so defeated in this moment.

I looked through my phone looking for my lawyers number. I clicked on his contact, Daniel Horowitz. He was a 62 year old criminal lawyer who hasn't lost a case since 1982 when his client told on himself on the stand. I had him on retainer for times like these. "Mr. Brooks I've been looking for you." He sighed down the phone. "I know, let me know straight up what's happening." "Grey is turning states evidence. He's accusing you of running the biggest organized crime ring since Italy when the Mafia was alive. They're accusing you of murder, kidnap, selling weapons, drugs, and sex." I crumpled down to a nearby seat. "What kind of proof do they have they can't just go off his word." "They've been watching some of your people for awhile. They didn't know who was at the top of the food chain but this led them directly to you, they've been tapping a few phone lines and found the named Brooklyn but never knew who he was. Grey confirmed you were Brooklyn." This fucking low life rat will die tonight. Just because he's in protective custody doesn't mean i won't handle that! He doesn't know who he's fucking with. "What do I do Danny?" I ask sounding as exhausted as i feel. "You need to turn yourself in, make a statement, and I can get you home the same night." "You sure about this?" "Yes, this guy is all they have and all the charges he's facing he's not looking too good as a credible witness. You don't have a record and your a stand up citizen, a pillar of your community. Am I right?" I took a deep breath, I hope he's right. "Yes, but I'm in Houston now. I gotta tie up some loose ends here. But I'll catch a red eye send a PJ." "Be at the airport by 11. We'll have to be at the precinct at 9:00am." He said with a stern tone. "I got you." I disconnect the call, and dropped my head in my hands.