Chapter 18

AN: I know it's short, but I hope you all will still enjoy it. Also, please let me know if you want to witness the events of Cale's upcoming growth phase or just skip to the next section of the reaction. Thank you!

*************************************************

Just as the timer was about to run out, the God of Love stood up from his seat which drew the entire hall's attention to himself. Doing his best to ignore the unwanted stares, the youth strolled through the gathered crowd searching three existences who were extremely important to his family's happiness in the future. Many disguised members of Arm shifted when he approached their sitting area. A light red-brown gaze observed him quietly. Would his unpredictable cousin initiate a conversation with him first? However, his eyes became hazy when he saw the baby deity stop directly in front of his pitiful chimera creation. Dyed white gold irises peered up at the undisguised Divine Dragon in a mixture of curiosity and caution. At the same time, the entirety of the massive hall became completely silent.

"Can I help you?" queried the mortal with a bored expression.

<In order to heal Sheritt's despair, I need to reunite her with both her children.>

"Do you want to become a real dragon?"

Dozens of mages choked on their drinks or snacks when they heard his unusual question. Was there really such a thing as a fake dragon? If so, how did such an entity come into existence in the first place? Multiple elves and dark elves were enraged by the insinuation of his inquiry. Had someone truly experimented with the blood of the esteemed Dragons cherished by the Gods?

"Why- Why are you asking me about such a thing?"

Everyone could hear the mysterious man pause momentarily as if he was calming his emotions.

"Love, light, freedom and to become a real dragon. Those are the things you desire the most at this moment in time. Each of which I can help you achieve," announced Cale without breaking eye contact with the secretly flustered mortal.

Murmurs began to fill the crowd which made the Dragon Half Blood shift uncomfortably. The hair on his neck was prickling due to the piercing glare his cloaked lord was aiming directly at him.

"I don't know why you would think that," frowned the unnamed entity.

-Go away.

To the white blond's surprise, the God of Love telepathically replied.

-Listen, Jayu. Your heart's brother and mother will cherish you in a way that White S*** will never be able to. There is no reason for you to live in darkness anymore. I will make sure that bastard and his pests never hurt you again.

Disguised pupils trembled while the 900 years old man repeated, "Jayu?"

An understanding expression was on the deity's face.

"That's the name I decided to give you. It means freedom. Do you dislike it? Or would you prefer to continue to live without a name until the day you die?"

Anger radiated out of the masked redhead who was upset his puppet had earned his cousin's favor before he had. How had a lowly chimera even drawn a God's attention in the first place?!

"You don't even know me. So why?" asked the Dragon Half Blood whose mind was a mess from all of the emotions he was currently experiencing.

Upon sensing the other's inner turmoil, the embodiment of Love stroked the baffled man's head the same way he had often done in the future for one of his distressed children. This sight both shocked and amazed those watching their interaction. None of them knew the youth's records from the future timeline were playing in his mind. Ones where the baby red dragon would cuddle with his blood brother and adoptive siblings as he had read them their bedtime stories.