21. Cinderella

❤︎

Antonella's P.O.V.

1 year later:

I heard someone knocking on the door. I quickly went to my mirror and started rubbing my eyes to make the tears go away. My mascara was smeared but it's okay because i'm not trying to impress anyone right now.

I went to the door and opened it and see Diego standing there, his clothes all wet. I then hear the raindrops coming from the outside of the apartment building.

What the fuck is he doing here? More importantly, doesn't he have practice. I immediately get flashbacks from a year ago when I was still in Mexico.

I gave myself a face palm. My dumbass self forgot that Diego was coming over at 5. We decided to finally hangout again and to catch up. I thought it was a great idea since the last time we actually talk other than yesterday was months ago. So I guess we're restarting? I don't know, something like that.

So I went to go open the door. That's when I saw him all wet. I didn't even notice it was raining and I made him wait. I feel so fucking stupid.

"Hii Diego."

"Hey Anto, are you gonna let me in?" He said laughing.

"Oh shit yea, sorry for making you stay outside in the rain. Go use the bathroom and i'll bring you clothes you can change into."

"Thanks anto." So he went into to the bathroom, and I went upstairs to get him his clothes. I had forgotten he left clothes here actually. I forgot I never threw them away after what happend. I guess I thought he would agree to hangout with me those weeks but he never did. I went downstairs and knock on the bathroom door.

"Antonel-" I cut him off

"Diego, what are you doing here?" I asked with a confused face. My voice kinda raspy due to crying.

"Look, I know we're still not on good terms right now and that I messed up, again, badly. But I know you don't have anyone right now to help you. I know what happened is hurting you and I just want to help."  He seemed so sweet. No Antonella, you can't forgive him. Yet.

If only I knew.

"I'm fine."

"Antonella don't lie to me." I sighed.

"But like what exactly are you doing Here? Don't you have practice and a game soon?"

"Yeah but you're more important. So can I enter?" I think about it. I don't have anyone right now, but I don't want to talk to him about this situation. But then i'll just hurt myself keeping it all in.

I opened the door for him and he comes in. I look around my apartment living room which was lit by just a little lamp but you could still see the big mess I made. I want to die from embarrassment.

"Wow. So the situation really did effect you, didn't it?" I gave him a stare.

"Of course it did! He said he loved me and then broke my heart! I loved him so much! I really didn't think things would end but they did. And the other girl looked so pretty too." I said while breaking down crying. He quickly ran towards me and brought me into a hug.