8

NEXT DAY:

(Jeonghan and Hoshi sit in their living room while doing homework when someone rings the doorbell.)

Hoshi:
I got it.

(Hoshi walks towards the door and finds Cheol standing there.)

Hoshi:
Oh! Hyung comes in.

Jeonghan:
Hey!

Cheol:
Hey!

(Cheol just smiles and looks at Hoshi, who smiles back and understands that Cheol wants to talk with Jeonghan alone.)

Hoshi:
Hyung I'm going out.

(Jeonghan just nodded in response and rushed out of the house.)

Jeonghan:
So, how are you?

Cheol:
Good.

(Cheol and Jeonghan sit in awkward silence.)

Cheol:
At first, I thought it was true because you told me, but when someone told me about it, you knew what came to mind. Why did you lie to me? We have known each other since birth.

(Cheol speaks while looking at the ground.)

Jeonghan:
What are you talking about?

Cheol:
One of my cousins also studied in the USA, and she coincidentally met Y/N. She is one of Y/N's roommates. Why, Han do you think I won't agree if it comes to Y/N's future? You have to at least talk to me.

(Jeonghan didn't say anything; he just looked at the ground and felt ashamed for what he did.)

Cheol:
If you just come to me and tell me that my talk to her affects her studies rather than tell me that she is dating someone there, do you think I disagree with you and don't stop talking to her?

Jeonghan:
I try to stop her and tell her that she just has to talk to you less. I don't want to do this, but she won't stop herself. I don't know how to talk to you. I don't want to be mean to you. I-I just...

(Jeonghan starts to cry, and Cheol just pets his shoulder.)

Cheol:
I can understand, and I'm not angry with you. I'm just sad that you still don't understand me. I love her Jeonghan-a, and her future is important to me as much as it is to you.

(Cheol just hug Jeonghan and smile.)

Cheol:
I promise that from today on, I won't talk to her until she comes back. I miss her, obviously, but I can manage myself. Don't tell her that you lie to her, or God knows how long she will stay angry with you.

(Both of them start to laugh.)

Jeonghan:
I'm sorry.

Cheol: It's okay, so stop apologising.

.......................................................

AFTER 9 MONTHS:

(It's been 9 months since Y/N contacted Cheol. Y/N didn't call Jeonghan very often. Cheol just waits desperately for her arrival. No one told Y/N anything about Jeonghan's lie. She did well, and as predicted, she holds the top position in her faculty. She got 98% marks, and she's coming back.)

Cheol:
She's coming tomorrow. She's coming.

(Cheol said while jumping in the whole house while his mother just laughed at him.)

Mrs. Choi:
Be careful, Cheol, or you'll break something like this.

Cheol:
I'm going outside to buy a gift for Y/n. She's still angry with me for sure. I'll be back soon. Bye!