Chapter 3

Marinette hunched over her sketchbook furiously sketching out a Chat Noir themed skirt for the fashion line she was designing. She sat back and thrummed her pencil on the paper trying to decide if she liked her newest idea. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard the familiar footsteps on her balcony above her. She closed the book and hastily stuffed it into a drawer before she climbed onto her bed and swung the glass trapdoor open. Chat Noir was putting his baton away as Marinette leaped at him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Happy to see me?" Chat laughed, returning the hug and spinning her around.

She laughed with him, enjoying the feeling of being in her boyfriend's arms. Once she felt her toes touch the ground she grabbed the bell that hung from his suit and pulled him down into a kiss. She felt his lips smile against hers before settling into a deeper kiss as his hand traveled down her back pulling her closer to him. They lingered in what was becoming their regular nightly greeting before breaking apart for air. Marinette felt the bite of cold air on her cheeks now that she had stepped back. She was about to say something when she noticed his cat-like ears twitch and an odd look crossed his face as he looked past her.

"What's wrong?" She asked looking behind her, only seeing the dark night sky.

"I thought..." he pursed his lips, "I thought I heard something but I'm probably just being paranoid," he said with a half hearted smile. Marinette tilted her head to the side and gave him a questioning look. Chat Noir sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You can tell me anything," Marinette coaxed, taking his other hand and leading him to her room where it was warm and more comfortable. They settled on her bed in a familiar position. Chat sat against the wall, her head and back leaning against his chest and her legs between his.

"So what's wrong?" she asked, tracing the thin seams of his suit with her fingers.

"It's just, I know I can't tell you much about my home life but my father noticed I've been sneaking out..." he paused and she could feel his heartbeat beating quicker, "I'm going to have to be more careful which means I won't be able to come over as much, if he found out about any of this I don't think he would let me leave my room for the rest of my life," he laughed dryly at the thought. Marinette felt her own heart quicken, the mere idea of not seeing him every night made her heart ache.

"I'm sorry kitty," she murmured, pushing herself into him as if it would make him never leave. She felt his hands run through her hair and pull the ribbons out so the hair in her pigtails fell over her shoulder.

"Don't ever be sorry princess, you're perfect," he kissed the top of her head and continued to play with her hair, calming them both down, "I actually had an idea to make being separated tolerable."

"Hmm?" Marinette hummed, her eyes closed, feeling sleepy from the warmth and comfort. She felt something tickle her nose and opened her eyes to see a small piece of paper in front of her. She grabbed it from him and saw a phone number written across it in black pen. She looked up at his face, confused at what he had given her.

"My phone number so you can message me anytime, I know Ladybug took away the miraculous she had given you so now you can text me with your phone whenever you're lonely," he said with a soft smile. Marinette felt a grin spread across her face.

"You know you're going to regret giving this to me," she said with a mischievous grin, "I'm going to be messaging you all day and night."

"I would never regret such a thing, you can keep me up all night," he said playfully.

He blushed furiously, immediately realizing what he had insinuated, "Wait! No I mean I didn't mean- ughhhh," he buried his face into his hands trying to escape the embarrassment. Marinette giggled at his display and he moved his fingers so he could peer through his fingers at her.

"I know what you meant kitty," she laughed and turned to find her phone that was somewhere in the sheets. Feeling brazen for a moment she muttered under her breath half hoping he wouldn't hear her, "not that I would mind."

"Oh?" His eyes darted back to her. She felt her own cheeks flush and tried to busy herself with her phone. She felt his hand move her hair from her shoulder and plant a kiss on her neck.

"Chat!" She squeaked but made no effort to move away as he kissed a trail up her neck from behind her, sending shivers down her body.

"What's wrong princess?" He whispered into her ear, his breath warm from his proximity. She could feel his gloved hands trailing down her sides. Before she could get herself out of her daze she felt pure shock as he began to tickle her sides. She gasped and twisted around to try and retaliate but he was ready for it and used his cat-like reflexes to his advantage to push her onto the bed. He kept tickling her and she exploded into high pitched laughter.

"St-stop," she breathed between laughs, his resolve wavered and he let his hands hover over her as he tried to figure out if he had gone too far.

She rolled over so she was facing him and lunged before he could decide. She surprised him with her agility as she wrapped herself behind him and tickled his neck. He began laughing again and rolled out of her reach, although it was difficult due to the small size of her bed.

The two of them faced off, watching each other for who would make the first move. Marinette pushed off towards him first and he grabbed her outstretched arms and spun using her momentum to pin her wrists to the bed and straddle her waist to keep her down. She wiggled beneath him with a giant grin matching his own. After a moment she realized she was barely affecting him. She stopped and pouted up at him.

"Do you give in?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Fine, but for the record you only won because you're Chat Noir right now, if you were..." She didn't let herself finish the thought, she didn't want to tempt the idea of him being in civilian form around her, it was too dangerous. She felt her smile falter. His grip loosened on her wrists and she saw his own happy expression fade, "sorry I didn't mean-"

"What did I say earlier, no apologizing," he gave her a small smile and leaned down to kiss her forehead. As he pulled back she placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. She propped herself up to kiss on the lips. Her hand snaked up his neck into his hair to deepen the kiss. The two of them stayed locked together until Chat Noir's body began to ache from holding the plank-like position. He moved off of her and pulled her into his arms so they could cuddle under the sheets. He let himself relax into her trying to push away the thought that he would soon have to go home and leave the person who felt more like home than his cold empty room.