Chapter 24

Ladybug heard her earrings beep their usual warning. She opened her eyes and looked up from where she had buried her head in Chat Noir's shoulder. Civilians had begun to populate the nearby street again, returning to their day's now that the danger had passed. She looked behind her and saw the tutu-wearing girl was still standing watching the two heroes' interaction with curious eyes. Ladybug knew she had to leave immediately but she couldn't leave the girl on her own. She glanced down the street and saw the police had arrived as they usually did during or after an akuma attack.

"Chat I need to go but.." she looked down at the blond boy. He blinked in a moment of confusion before realizing he was still on top of her. He slowly removed himself from her lap and sat on the concrete instead. She stood up and looked over expecting Chat to do the same. Confusion tugged at her when she realized he was still sitting down in the middle of the road.

"Chat?" She questioned. He looked up in her direction but it almost seemed like he was looking past her. He took a moment too long for her liking before standing up.

"Alright let's get you back to your parents okay?" Ladybug kneeled down to the girl and led her over to the nearest police officer.

"I need you to get this girl back to her parents, she last saw them at a nearby fair," Ladybug informed the officer who nodded in understanding before talking to the young girl.

Ladybug turned back to Chat, her earring beeping again near their last warning. She watched with worry twisting in her stomach as Chat Noir took in his surroundings with a frown. He hadn't moved from the spot she had left him and was blinking rapidly. Ladybug took long strides to get back to him. Something in the back of her mind was telling her something was still very wrong.

"Chat are you-" Her words were cut off as he swayed. She rushed forwards and caught him before he could collapse to the ground. Fear twisted her insides. Her transformation was about to wear off and he was out cold. She wrapped her arm around him and threw her yo-yo to the tallest nearby building. She soared into the air, getting the two of them away from peering eyes.

Her mind rushed with panicked thoughts. She was about to de-transform. Chat was unconscious. Chat was going to de-transform soon. She had failed to pack food for Tiki in her purse today. She landed on a secluded rooftop terrace and stumbled to a stop.

She could feel her transformation about to fall. The electric pain that coursed through her when it was forcefully ended was begging to run up her nerves. She snapped her yo-yo open and summoned the first miraculous she could think of. She pulled the necklace she had once worn everyday for weeks out of the yo-yo, just as the electric pain coursed through her and Tiki was expelled from her earrings. She fell to one knee, nearly dropping Chat.

"Marinette what happened!?" Tiki's panicked voice hovered above Marinette's head.

"Somethings wrong Tiki," Marinette felt tears prick at her eyes. She put the necklace over her head and stood up. She repositioned Chat so she was carrying him bridal style. She noted how light he was. She thought it was just the extra strength she got from the magic of the Miraculous but now in her civilian form she realized just how light the teen was. The thought was pushed from her mind as his ring beeped a rapid warning that he would soon de-transform, conscious or not.

"What are you going to do?" Tiki prodded, her voice high with concern.

"I have to help him, I can't let him de-transform in public," she said, avoiding the disapproving look on Tiki's face.

"Mullo, get squeaky!" In a flash Marinette was transformed into Multimouse. The familiar pink and grey suit covered her.

She jumped onto the next rooftop and ran as fast as she could with Mullos extra energy. She soon found herself clearing the last jump to land on her balcony above the bakery. She touched down gently and repositioned Chat so she was holding him with one arm. She flipped the trap door open and lowered herself onto the bed below. She awkwardly got the both of them down to the ground and laid Chat on her pink chaise.