Chapter 11

"Adrien," the faint call of his name stirred Adrien but he just wanted to keep sleeping.

"ADIREN!" his eyes snapped open as the voice screamed directly into his ear. He bolted upright and whipped around, his heart pounding. All he saw was Plagg floating beside him with an annoyed look on his face. He gave the kwami a questioning look as his eyes wandered past the small black cat. The sky was dark with small pricks of starlight dotting the dark blanket.

Wait, starlight?

"Oh shi- Plagg, Claws out!" Adrien yelled, pushing off the rooftop. He felt the baton form in his hands as he used it to launch himself onto the next rooftop. His mind raced as his feet pounded against the rooftops. What time was it? How long had he been sleeping?

He could see his house in the distance, there was no way his absence went unmissed. He stopped abruptly before reaching the edge of the house closest to his bedroom. If he jumped into his window while Nathalie was looking for him he would be more than just in trouble.

He jumped off the roof into an alley and de-transformed, ushering Plagg into his schoolbag. He jogged to the front gate and took a deep breath before pulling out his phone and calling Nathalie.

"Adrien? Where have you been!" Nathalie's stern voice said immediately.

"I'm at the front gate," he said sheepishly. He heard the phone hang up and the front gate swung open. Adrien took a deep breath and marched forwards. He prepared himself to be berated and stepped up to the front door, he pushed it open and saw his father standing at the top of the staircase.

"Adrien," his father said coolly. The house was dark and Adrien felt his blood run cold at the disapproving look on his fathers face. He looked down to the ground and waited for his father to berate him.

"What exactly are you wearing?" Adrien looked up in surprise, he hadn't expected that to be his next sentence. He looked down at his outfit, he had forgotten he was still wearing Marinette's pink hoodie.

"This? It's just a hoodie my friend Marinette gave me," he looked up as Gabriel stepped down the stairs towards him.

"Marinette? She's the one who designed that hat in the school contest right," his father asked in a tone that implied he already knew the answer, "did she design this as well?"

"Y-yes I think so," Adrien's mind was reeling, why was his father so interested in the sweater? It was well made but simple as far as fashion designs go.

"Hmmm, are you two close?"

"She's a friend."

"I have been considering inviting her to attend my fashion gala, she has talent and could be a valuable asset someday," Gabriel said, now standing directly in front of Adrien. He wasn't sure why but the way he said 'asset' sent a chill down Adrien's spine. It must have just been a draft, he reasoned to himself.

"I'll have Nathalie send her an official invitation once the guest list has been finalized. You know I can't let you wear other designers' clothing in public, do not disobey me again," his father paused, letting silence hang between them. Adrien itched to get away from his fathers disapproving gaze but knew better than to leave before being dismissed.

"I have decided that Lila Rossi will make a fine match for you, I admit I didn't see the potential in the relationship but recent events have convinced me to accept her offer," Gabriel said as if any of it made sense. Adrien's mind was reeling, Lila? Relationship?

"Father I don't understand-"

"You've done enough to disappoint me recently Adrien, go to your room and hope I don't change my mind," Gabriel ended the conversation and walked back to his office. As much as he was used to his fathers cold demeanor the words stung.