Chapter 26

Marinette blinked awake as light streamed through the trap door window above her. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up and looked over her room. She jolted in surprise as she remembered the day before. The pink partition still sat between her and Chat Noir. She wasn't sure what today would bring but she was still determined to take care of him and convince him to stay as long as he needed.

She climbed down from her bed and quietly slipped through her trapdoor. She was happy to see her parents weren't awake yet and jogged to the dryer. She had switched the clothing over the night before once Chat had fallen asleep

She pulled the machine open and quickly folded the small load of laundry. She did her best to avoid snooping through his clothing, but the Agreste brand was easy to recognize as she had closely followed the fashion labels designs for years. She wondered if he was a fan as she noticed even his underwear was the brand. She flushed and put the clothing under the towel placing it on the stair step so she could grab it on her way back up.

She moved to the kitchen next pulling out bowls and ingredients. She cleaned the tray from the night before and began filling it with cereal options, bowls and spoons. She whipped together her favourite recipe for fluffy pancakes and began cooking the breakfast food with a practiced ease. Finally once the pancakes were done she placed the stack on the tray alongside a variety of toppings and a couple glasses of milk and water. She put a selection of the cheese they had in the house at the moment as the finishing touch. She turned around with the tray to see her mother entering the kitchen.

"Good Morning, you aren't usually up this early," her mother noted as she entered the kitchen. She looked between Marinette, the tray of food, and the evidence of her cooking in the kitchen. She raised her eyebrows at her daughter.

"Don't worry Maman, I'll clean up later," she said before kissing her mother on the cheek. She scooped up the tray and walked up to her room, grabbing the laundry on the way up.

Marinette sighed as she closed the trap door and put the tray down on her desk.

"I smell cheese," Plagg floated dreamily towards Marinette following his nose. She giggled and picked up the small cheese plate and handed it to the petite kwami.

"Plagg don't be rude," Chat's voice called over the partition.

"It's okay Kitty, you both need a good breakfast," Marinette laughed before picking up the tray and holding it out so it was visible on the other side of the partition. She watched as uncovered arms reached out to take it from her. She glanced away in case he had any identifiable marks and waited for the weight to lift from her hands.

"I like to eat as much as the next cat but I am paw-sitive this is too much Mari," Chat's voice called. She smiled wide at the light tone that had returned to his voice. She wouldn't admit she had missed the puns as well.

"You can pass me a bowl of cereal," she offered with a laugh. She heard the clatter of dishes clinking and then cereal falling into the bowl followed by milk being poured over it. The bowl appeared and she took it, careful not to spill. She heard the sound of him eating and smiled to herself.

"How are you?" She asked hesitantly.

"I'm feline full," he responded quickly. She wondered if he meant to side step the real meaning behind her question.

"Are you going to stay here today? I'd be happy for you to."

"Obviously," Plagg responded in an even tone.

"Plagg!" Chat's stern voice responded, "we should get out of your way Marinette. I don't want to overstay."

"But she has cheeseee," Plagg whined.