Chapter 4

Marinette had woken up alone, she wasn't surprised but it still left an empty feeling in her chest. She sat up and found her phone tucked under her pillow alongside the small note with Chat Noirs phone number. She opened her phone and added him as a contact under the name Kitty. Her thumbs hovered over the keypad in hesitation, Chat Noir was somewhere with this number in his civilian form.

'I miss you already,' she typed and after a moment staring at the simple sentence she hit send. She threw her phone across the bed with a squeal. Something about messaging him gave her butterflies in her stomach. It was silly really since she had been in much more intimate settings with him.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Tiki's small voice startled her, she looked up to see the small ladybug kwami floating in front of her. Alongside Tiki were the other kwami's that were peering at her in curiositty.

"Oh sorry Tiki," she laughed awkwardly, "it's nothing."

"Is it about the black cat holder? You've been kissing him a lot lately!" Mullo squeaked, causing Marinette to blush furiously.

"I have not!" She exclaimed, "not that much anyways. Why don't I get everyone some breakfast!"

All the kwami's nodded in agreement to her suggestion. All except Tiki who had a disapproving look plastered across her face. Marinette snatched her phone and rushed down through her trapdoor to the kitchen below.

It was evident her parents had woken up before her from the breakfast platter of pancakes left out for her. She knew they were already downstairs opening the bakery since it was the weekend. She grabbed a plate for herself and opened the fridge to find syrup. As she pulled it out of the fridge her phone buzzed, startling her. She dropped the syrup in surprise and promptly swore under her breath as the cap popped off spilling syrup on the floor and her legs. After cleaning up the sticky syrup from the floor she washed her hands and checked the notification on her way up to her room with the pancakes.

'I miss you too Purr-rincess, being away from you is Claw-ful.'

Marinette snorted at the puns and put the plate down on her desk. The kwamis wasted no time to swarm and start eating. Another message quickly appeared below the last.

'What are you doing?'

'Just waking up, I dropped syrup on the floor so I'm going to have to shower to get the rest of it off, the curse of being clumsy persists'

'Now I wish I had stayed the morning be-claws I could have helped you with that'

"CHAT!'

'Purr-haps you could just send me pictures'

⚬❀⚬❀⚬❀⚬

Adrien looked at his phone with a worried feeling, seeing the three dots indicating Marinette was typing appear and disappear repeatedly. He had the gnawing feeling he had gone too far with his teasing. He looked up as his piano instructor stepped in the door.

Unlike Marinette he had been up for hours as his day started at 6 am in order to get all the lessons and photoshoots done. His father had packed his weekend, likely in order to keep him from getting into trouble as his father saw it. He put his phone down beside himself and did his best to keep from glancing at the screen while playing each piece his instructor demanded.

He played flawlessly, like usual, except for one note that rang discordantly when his pinky slipped. His phone had buzzed in the signature double vibration for the app he had downloaded. The app allowed him to text Marinette with a separate number from the one she had from Adrien. He didn't dare look down at the screen while his instructor watched him like a hawk, the off note would likely be punished by replaying this piece into perfection.