Ch. 13

After Maleficent, I select Despicable Me but I fall asleep before the movie even starts. A huge bump wakes me up and I'm a few inches off my seat. The bus comes to a stop and the driver goes out to inspect the bus. There is a flat tire but it's just my luck that we got stopped at our destination. The bus driver let's the passengers off and I look at my watch. 5:45. The Speed Bus really so speedy. A normal bus would've taken 6 hours but the Speed bus took 4. I must have good luck because the Speed bus is visiting Gainesville in 15 minutes. I'll be on the bus until midnight though but I can always go to a hotel. I just sit at the bench as everyone else explores the town. I watch as the townsfolk walk around the streets, touring shops as they please and some closing up the shops after a day of hard work. The city of Buford is very pretty; there are some mountains hidden far behind the shops and all over Buford is beautiful flowers. I really wish I could spend more time here but I'm on a mission. I have to go to Helen, Georgia to meet my Aunt and Uncle. I'll spend my birthday there and finally be with my real family. Maybe they'll take me to my parents and we can sort everything out. The bus pulls up and I hop on the front seat as always. I lay back and relax for the long journey ahead. I've heard in Florida there's another Gainesville and in Ohio there's another Cleveland. But Gainesville, Florida and Cleveland, Ohio are much better known the Gainesville, Georgia and Cleveland, Georgia. I've toured most of northeastern Georgia in just 2 and a 1/2 days just by bus. I'd say that's a major accomplishment not to mention leaving school right before exams and leaving the only life I know for relatives who might not even be there. Who might not even be there. What if the website hasn't been updated in a few years and they moved sometime in those few years? What if when I arrive no one is there and I'm going to have to go back to Atlanta and explain everything and probably be McKenzie's next door neighbor. No. I can never go back. I'll have to keep searching for them but then that's the worst case scenario. I just have to be positive. That website is up to date and my aunt and uncle will be waiting for me. I smile and decide to take another nap. I fall asleep easily and I guess I should be well rested.
***********************************
After a long 6 hour journey I've finally arrived in Gainesville. I go to the nearest hotel which happens to be a Marriott. I check in for the night and immediately doze off to sleep. But this time I don't set an alarm clock.
***********************************
When I wake up the sun is still rising and there is a nice breeze with little cardinals and blue jays chirping at each other. My watch says 8:00. I'm in no hurry. All I have to do today is go to Cleveland which should take 8 hours by bus. The bus comes at noon so I don't have to go for a while. I go downstairs to the breakfast buffet and eat an omelet with ham, cheese and bacon. I also eat and orange and a warm chocolate chip muffin. I notice this hotel has a pool. After breakfast I walk into one of the gift shops and by a swimsuit and sunscreen. I go swimming for almost two hours and then I go back to my hotel room and get dried off. Thank goodness the room already provides a blow dryer. I go to the laundromat and wash my clothes. I bought another T-Shirt and shorts in the gift shop along with my swimsuit. I get my old clothes and put them in my backpack. I throw out all of my school supplies and buy a drawstring bag and throwing out my old backpack. I put my stuff in the new bag and look at my watch: 11:37. I still have 23 minutes to kill. I buy some more chocolate, a bag of peanuts and an assortment of candy. I store them in my bag but eat the chocolate; I wouldn't want it to melt. I walk to the bus station and wait a few minutes before the bus arrives. I'm almost there.

Authors note: Hey guys I'm sorry this update took forever but I'll make it up to you I promise! If you have any ideas to improve the story please let me know! Please like and comment! I want to know what you think of my chapters and I can't do that without your comments!!!! Have an awesome summer guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)☀️