Page One : Prologue

Loud thundering rain patted against the hotels windows causing a soft rattling noise to fill the room...the quiet space was almost suffocatingly annoying...the only signs of life came from the queen size bed in the center of the luxurious room...The silk sheets rustled as naked bodies moved every so often...two sets of sweaty limbs lay tangled while the owners slept soundlessly.

Outside of said luxurious hotel room stood a trembling figure...hands clenched tight and shaky due to nerves shot to hell...quiet sobs and sniffles left the figures mouth while one hand hovered over the door handle with a spare key card already placed onside of the doors security lock.

The sobbing figure took several deep breathes before nodding once and swiftly pushing the keycard forward while turning the handle slowly...jaded eyes full of tears widened while eyeing the tangled figures sleeping comfortably...unknowing of themselves being watched...the dull light from the hallways seeped through the door as It opened wider.

The noise alerting the naked guest as the intruder took slow steps inside of the room...the lump in their throat felt poisonous with grief and agony...crimson eyes blinked once...then twice before they began to register what was happening...hazel eyes opened wide before a soft gasp slipped passed a pair of pink swollen lips...Jaded eyes moved to crimson ones...the emotional blow came when Jaded eyes landed on fresh mated marks upon both guest scent glands.

~~

Screeching tires marked the rain filled highway pavement...causing a certain brokenhearted omegan greenette to gasp loudly with fear of crashing his car...once he was back on the right side of the road he eased his foot on the gas while willing his body to calm down...his shoulders shook greatly as he sobbed loudly 'What do I do now...I can't do It alone...what about my career...what about...me' he thought while pulling over on the side of the road.

He told himself to catch his barrings while he planted his hands on his flat stomach...his eyes closed as he thought of what was to come...of how his future was about to change...he shook his head and cried out in pain...he cursed himself for being vulnerable...he let his guard down with the one he loved so soon...wearing his heart on his sleeve...now he's hurt and confuses with no destination in mind.

The frantic greenette took slow calming breathes while rubbing his hands over his chest soothingly...he chanted softly and quietly to himself to stay calm or else things were going to get worst "...S-slow deep...inhale...release...Its going to be..." He stopped whispering when he heard his phone vibrating beside him on the passenger seat...he closed his eyes and took in a huge breath before grabbing the device.

He opened the window to the driver side before tossing his phone onto the cold wet concrete...he watched as It flashed bright a few times before going dark...he sighed one last time before smiling down at his left hand that was cradling his rumbling belly "...No matter what...I won't give up on you..." He whispered while rubbing soothing circle on his stomach.

He grimached when he looked at his outstretched hand...the beautiful engagement band that was wrapped around his finger felt like a punch to his gut...he slowly and carefully took It off before holding It outside of the window...his thoughts were to toss It down the damn rode drain...he would watch as It disappeared within the darkness below.

He turned It over a few times before pulling his hand back in and closing his window "...It's worth a lot of money I bet...It could hold us over until..." He turned the ring over once more within his palm before pocketing the beautiful gem...he steeled his features before starting his cars engine...he nodded once before pulling away from the life he once knew...the life he was promised.

~~

Several hours of driving without stopping had the greenette tired and in pain with hunger...his sore muscles creaked as he stepped out of his car and slowly began to stretch...he yawned quietly and adorably before he locked his car doors and made his way towards the diner that seemed to be the only place open at the peak hours of the am.

Once inside he sniffed the air...smiling widely before approaching the counter with a skip in his step "...Hello Sir...what can I get you this mornin" the greenette smiled and hummed while planting himself in a seat before grabbing a hard plated menu...he scanned the different food items before giggling softly "...I'll have a small stack of hot cakes with bacon and eggs please...Thank you" he said quietly before looking up.

He blushed when the waitress whistled before smiling down at him...he figured she was surprised by how much he ordered...most omegas would order light meals...something small with zero sugar and very little calories...but at the moment he didn't care about any of that...he hadn't eaten anything since lunch time the day before so this much was surely fine.

He unzipped his jacket before shoving It off and placing It on the seat beside him...he looked around the small cosy diner with a soft smile on his flushed face before his eyes caught glimpse of a landline phone on the wall nearing the restrooms...he turned back to the waitress who was busy brewing a fresh pot of coffee...he bit his lip before waving his hand to gain her attention.

She smiled before walking over to him "...What else can I get you sir?..." the brown eyed female asked while smiling at how adorable her new customer was...she leaned down onto her elbows before placing her chin onto her hand...giving the beautiful greenette her full attention "...I uh...I was wondering If I could...um...Can I use the phone?" He spoke softly with his eyes cast downward.

He heard a chuckle which causes him to look up...he fidgeted in his seat while looking the waitress in the eyes until he couldn't take It anymore...being under her sharp gaze had him whimpering internally...he sniffed the air quietly before casting his eyes downwards once again '...An Alpha...just my luck...' he thought while shifting in his seat uncomfortably...his distress was evident...causing the waitress to sigh before shaking her head with a soft smile.

She nodded her head before pointing towards the phone on the wall "...I'll let you know when your meal is up..." She said before leaving to help another customer...the greenette signed with relief as he slowly slipped from his seat and grabbed his coat...he made quick steps towards the phone while reaching into his coat pocket.

Once he reached the phone he opened the piece of paper and scanned It before picking the phone up...he dialed the number at the very bottom before placing the phone up to his ear...his heart pounded in his chest as he waited for the other side of the line to be answered...once It was though...he felt frozen...to stunned to speak.

~~

𝓛.𝓢