Page Six : Trouble...

𝓘𝔃𝓾𝓴𝓾...

My mind was befuddled as I stared up at the plain white ceiling of the patients room I was assigned...I couldn't wrap my head around the result from my ultrasound...my body trembled with fear and nerves as I came to term...I didn't want to believe what the doctor told me...I wanted It all to be wrong "...I can't..." I whispered as I moved my eyes down to my rounding belly.

I gritted my teeth and squeezed my fist tight before lifting It above my stomach...I allowed my intrusive thoughts to cloud my mind as I brought my fist down fast...suddenly I watched as my skin stretched and shifted as tiny limbs began to kick...my fist stopped mid-drop before my hand fell lax...I tried to hold back a sob as I place my hand on my stomach protectively.

I whined as I thought of hurting my young...causing harm to something so precious because of how frustrated I was...I closed my eyes and inhaled before releasing the sob I was trying so hard to hold onto "...I'm so sorry...P-please forgive me..." I cried as I wrapped my arms around myself comfortably tight.

~~

I stayed laying on the patients table for what felt like forever but was actually thirty minutes...I couldn't bring myself to move "...Hey...how'd It go?" I closed my eyes and signed before turning towards my...well I don't really know what to call Jess...she's been there since the very beginning...she's always supported me when I needed her too...most people assume when they see us together that she's my Alpha...she doesn't correct them.

I on the other hand will always be quick to set them all straight (No pun attended) I have to explain that I belong to no one...and that the Alpha I was supposed to be with doesn't want me...I do get a lot of looks of pity and some looks of concern because most omegas would have went feral or would have tried to unalive themselves due to their Alphas leaving them.

I am not like that...I wasn't pushed out...I left on my own...I taught myself to live without an Alpha...to take care of my own needs and to provide my own comfort...Jessica is just the icing on a very short cake...she is everything a Alpha should be and she offers warmth and security...but I could never accept It...I wouldn't feel right leading her on while loving another...she doesn't deserve that.

~~

After Jessica managed to remove my plump butt from the patients room she helped me waddle all the way to my car before telling me to pass her my car keys "...Lay back and relax love...I'll do the drivin'..." I smiled while opening the door to the passenger side of my car...once inside I was able to strap my seatbelt around myself before getting comfortable in my seat.

She climbed in the driver seat and chuckled before starting the engine...I shook my head and turned towards the window...I felt my breath catch in my throat when I spotted the huge billboard across the road with his face on It...It displayed him in his hero suit...I could feel my face and neck go warm as I allowed my eyes to scan him from head to toe...his ash blond hair was as tussled and disheveled as always.

I closed my legs shut tight while straining my neck a bit to look over the vehicle parked beside us to see if maybe the damn billboard would show more of his lower half...I subconsciously licked my lips as I eyed strong thighs...and when I got to the spot between those voluptuous monsters I damn near let a moan slip passed my lips.

My eyes closes while I fought to restrain myself "...Damn...makes me kinda jealous" my eyes snapped open and I turned my head in time to see Jessica watching the billboard as well...she glanced at me before shaking her head "...He's definitely a Alpha's Alpha male huh...I wouldn't stand a chance with you knowing that that's who you were with before...It's a bit disheartening honestly... But I guess I would have to understand regardless" she sighed with a smile on her face.

I felt my heart beat rapidly as I thought of what to say...I wanted to comfort my friend...but I didn't know how to...what she said was absolutely true...she wouldn't stand a chance because my heart could never let go...but that doesn't mean that I would remove her from my life "...I-I...I'm sorry Jess...I didn't mean to-" she shook her head and smiled before placing her hand on my arm.

I smiled when our eyes met...I could see the pain in her eyes but she said nothing...I know she is strong enough to handle my rejection and she will get over me "Don't worry love...I understand...now let's get you home so you can rest..." I smiled softly and nodded before getting comfortable in my seat once again.

~~

A few hours after Jess brought me home I found myself knee deep inside of my nest...I may have reserved some of his clothes for my nesting materials...just a few dozen of his shirts and anything else I could grab in a hurry when I left the condo...I knew that I was going to need his scent for comfort I mean It's only natural...given the fact that I am carrying his young.

My nose twitched once causing me to stop...my dilated eyes scanned my nest before a growl left my lips...I would know the difference between the scent I desire and of one that isn't welcomed "...How did a red T-shirt get in my nest..." I whispered as I plucked said shirt before holding It away from my face and taking a sniff...I coughed when I realized that It was heavily scented and fresh...as If whoever left It was just here.

I stood up and left my room...I made It to my kitchen and found what I was searching for...my laptop was sat on the kitchen Island opened...I tapped the spacebar before putting my password in "...Who would be stupid enough to step inside of my home...and more stupid enough to enter my nest..." I muttered while clicking onto the security link that was connected to my home security system.

I gasped and blinked several times to make sure that I was seeing things clearly...I watched the screen closely while squeezing my fist tight...my canines pressed into my bottom dip harshly as I watched someone from my past...from my home step into my apartment before attempting to go through my belongings...the only thing that they were able to tamper with was my nest.

I watched as they fussed with a certain yellow-blonde hair omega about removing their shirt and placing It inside of my nest...I felt sick to the stomach as I watched them walk freely around my home "...Fucking hell...now I'll have to..." I stop talking once I felt a sob work It's way up my throat...I could feel the tears fall onto my cheeks freely "...They know where I am...that means...he knows...I'll have to leave..." I whimpered softly while holding onto my belly protectively.

~~

𝓛.𝓢