4. Her Condition.

Zahra opened her eyes and stared at the room first. So everything that happened was a reality. The pain I'm her joints was better than before, Alhamdulillah. She tried moving her left arm and wince a little.

"Careful Ameerah," Miss Fadilat's voice came from beside her. The woman was on her phone when she heard the groan.

"Jazakallahu khair for watching over me," Zahra said sincerely.

"Ameen." Fadilat smiled. "You are awake now and it's time for Isha Salat. You haven't prayed asr, maghrib, and now isha."

Zahra's eyes widened making the young lady cuter. Did she sleep that long? Fadilat chuckled at the reaction. "You might be sick but you have to pray. I will help you. I spoke to the nurse and I can be said to be used to this. My son once had an accident too."

"Oh," Zahra nodded. That rude guy.

Fadilat went to her left and helped her sit.
"Can you walk now?" She asked and Zahra nodded. She helped her down by supporting her hand on her shoulder.

They walked slowly to the bathroom and Zahra was able to stand. Fadilat started the tap and looked at the cast. Zahra blinked watching her hand that was hanging loosely.

"Don't worry. It will heal in no time." Fadilat reminded. She helped the young lady perform absolution and they went back to the room. She laid her down and adjusted the bed so she could sit. Fadilat then rubbed the medicine creams on Zahra's limbs.

She opened her bag and took out a blue hijab. "Here you go." She smiled and helped Zahra wear it.

"You look beautiful in blue dear. Like a flower and a princess that you are." Fadilat said truthfully.

"Really? With my bruises?" Zahra smiled wryly.

"Of course. Why do you think the moon is beautiful?" Fadilat inquired back and the young lady was lost in thoughts. "Because of its scars," Fadilat answered. "Now pray. I will go check on someone. "

Zahra smiled as Fadilat went out. It was a good thing that the bed was facing the Qibla. Zahra had learned how to pray when she was sick so it wasn't an issue for her. She just had to pray the three Salats now.

Meanwhile, Abdul saw his mother leave the wardroom and walk over. He knocked several times but only heard silence. He slowly opened the door and sighted Zahra with her eyes closed but she was muttering under her breath.

"What are you doing?" He asked straightaway sitting down but got no answer.

"Hey!" He spoke louder but was still ignored. "Wow, so grateful." He curled his lips and folded his arms watching her. He can't deny that the blue hijab made her more pretty but that wouldn't change the fact that she is a liar.

Abdul was then surprised when she said Salam to the right and then the left. Was she praying? He felt like digging a hole. Zahra ignored him further and prayed for a minute before glaring at him. "Do you know how many mistakes you made me make in my Salat?"

"How am I supposed to know that you were praying?" He retorted.

"Oh wow." Zahra shook her head and added, "It's not the first time I've met crazy people who describe things by what they see."

Abdul was flabbergasted. "Did you just call me crazy?"

"What brought you here?" She ignored the question and asked directly. Abdul took a breath and warned, "You might act all holy and innocent before my mother to take advantage of her but you can't fool me. So, if you dare do anything that will hurt my mother…"

"What will you do?" Zahra rolled her eyes. "We just met but you have concluded that I am a bad person."

"Aren't you one?" Abdul raised his eyebrows.

"Well that's what you think by between me and Allah, my conscience is clear. And we are the only ones in this room, so you can't stay here because it's not appropriate, so please leave." She said seriously.

"Are you pursuing me just because you feel guilty?" He smirked.

"You know quite well that you are not supposed to be here and you must have entered without your mother's knowledge right?" Zahra smirked provocatively.

Abdul narrowed his eyes. This girl was fearless, it might be hard to bend her. Might….

The door suddenly opened breaking the confrontation. They both faced the door and noticed it was the young doctor.

"Sorry if I distracted anything but I need to check on the patient. " the doctor said.

"Nothing at all." Abdul stood up and adjusted his coat. He eyes Zahra before leaving the room.

"Doctor Hebrew. " Zahra greeted.

"Ameerah. How are you feeling?" He asked and sat down.

"Much better." She responded. The two knew one another.

Doctor Hebrew sighed and spoke, "Ameerah, from the scan you did this time, your heart condition has worsened. Due to the hit you got on the chest and the fight, you almost had a heart attack. When you were rushed to the hospital, your blood pressure was low."

"Did it reduce more out of my days?" Zahra asked nonchalantly. Hebrew shook his head, "Not at all, Ameerah but such actions stressed your heart. You know how weak your heart is now and if anything triggers it, it might fail to work before the due date."

"Every human will die one way or the other. How sure are you that my heart will be my death fate?" Zahra smiled. 

Hebrew was always amazed by her enthusiasm but it made him worried too. He remembered when he told her about her heart condition. She had less than seven months to live in this world before her heart failed but she only showed a worried expression for seconds.

"Are you sure you won't go through with the surgery?" He asked.

Zahra smiled wryly, "The surgery costs more than my mother owes. If she knows about this she might die of a heart disease too. Just forget about it."

"Okay." Hebrew stood up and breathed. "Stay away from dangerous and strenuous jobs or thoughts Ameerah. Who knows maybe your God will have mercy on you and a miracle will occur."

"Hopefully. " Zahra shrugged but her eyes showed no hope. Hebrew glanced at her one more time and walked out only to be met with Abdul by the door.

Abdul shifted his gaze before Hebrew left. What we they talking about? Abdul wondered.