13. A friend's advice.

Abdul sat behind his desk, as he drumed his fingers on it. He agreed to marry Zahra so that he wouldn't argue more with his mother, but how was he going to get out of it?

"Assalamualaikum," the door opened as a young man entered. His dark hair and green eyes complemented his look as he walked toward Abdul.

"Wa alaikumussalam," Abdul answered. Yildiz noticed his best friend's expression and immediately asked after sitting down.
"What's happening now?"

"I did tell you what my father left in his will right?" Abdul sighed and Yildiz nodded. He then told him what happened.
"That soon?" Yildiz was dumbfounded.

"I wish it was my choice Yildiz but you have no idea who that girl is," Abdul hissed.

"What's wrong with her?" Yildiz folded his arms. Abdul told him what happened since when he met Zahra. His friend contemplated and said, "All that you have just said are mostly your thoughts. You can't just judge someone like that,"

"You haven't met her that's why," Abdul scoffed.

"But your mother made the choice. There is no way she can be wrong when it comes to your well-being and this will help you too," Yildiz pointed out.

"I don't need to get married to keep my company. Haven't we made plans yet?" Abdul insisted.

Yildiz hummed and answered, "We do have a great plan but it will take at least a month to be useful. And who knows if it will fail? Whearas you have a straightforward alternative Khaleef. I wish I was you, where my mother decided a religious lady for me to marry. Women are just something else these days."

All Abdul could do was glare at him. "I want a solution Yildiz!"

Yildiz slapped his forehead and exhaled. "Okay, wait. How long can you take full charge of KT?"

"Give me six months and it will be back on track," Abdul said confidently.

"So, just have a contract marriage," Yildiz said.

"What again?" Abdul gasped.

"A contract marriage," Yildiz repeated. "You get married to the girl but sign an agreement that the marriage will be separated in six months. It ends with the time your father gave you too."

"You mean a divorce." Abdul inquired and Yildiz nodded. This was something no one liked hearing. It was a disadvantage to both parties and something no marriage wanted to face. Even Allah doesn't like the action.

"It can be between you and her. No need to get your mother involved." Yildiz said. "It will be just an agreement. Who knows whether with time, even if this company was to be taken away from you, you won't want to leave your wife,"

"That won't happen." Abdul snorted and Yildiz shrugged. The young man contemplated as a smirk formed on his face. Let's see how she likes this now.

……

It was night when Zahra sat beside her mother, watching her sleep. She rubbed her hair gently before adjusting her duvet. Her phone suddenly rang and she left the room.

Meanwhile, Abdul returned home and met his mother who had been in a good mood since morning.
"Have you called Ameerah yet?" She asked as they sat down, making her son speechless.

"I took her home if that's what you want to ask." He said. Fadilat seemed to forget what was right when she was happy.

"Oh, I see. Did you greet her mother?" She asked.

"No." Abdul shook his head and she startled him by slapping his arm. "She is going to be your mother-in-law and you don't care to check her health. What type of son-in-law are you?"