31. Hidden thoughts.

With such accusations against you, but your husband and mother-in-law still believe in you, being ungrateful was the worst thing you can do. Zahra first went to Fadilat's room and apologized for being grumpy and they gisted for a while before going back to her room.

What Firdaus told her earlier was still fresh in her mind. Was it true that she became colder and grumpy this year? When Othman left the family, Zahra blamed herself for most of their ordeals and that's why she chose to take the burden alone. She stopped smiling often like before and it became worse when she found out about her terminal illness. Zahra thought that being less attached to her family would make them less worried when she left, but it seemed it was affecting their relationship now. Two more people were added to her life now.

Is being less attached the right choice or not?

As Zahra lay down quietly on the bed, one statement kept making her smile involuntarily. When Abdul was told to ask his wife to give the press a statement, he refused by saying,
"Just because of a bloody lie, you want my wife to speak to you? She's a queen and will only speak when she wants to. Her servant is here, so he will answer all your questions."

Zahra shook her head and hugged the pillow. After calming down, she took her drugs and it was silently taking effect. It seems she can only apologize to Abdul tomorrow.

…….

Abdul came back home and went to meet his mother too. Knowing what was going on and the pressure that her son might be facing, Fadilat had to be there for them.
"It's all a trial and you will pass through In Sha Allah," she prayed rubbing his hair.

"Ameen mum," Abdul muttered. "I know that someone is going after my company but at the same time, they are attacking Ameerah. That person must know that breaking my marriage is tightly linked to the company for them to use such an extreme method."

"Are you suspecting your uncle?" Fadilat asked with a frown.

Abdul nodded and said, "He is our top suspect and Uncle Erkan had been acting weirdly since I took the seat. It's like he had given up and he stopped interfering in my business. We hardly see him in the office too." He hummed and added, "From the looks of it, he's trying to use the public to make me hate Ameerah and break the marriage while he gets what he wants from the dark."

"And do you see that he's getting what he wants to achieve?" Fadilat asked and Abdul looked at her. She continued, "Breaking a marriage doesn't happen in a day son. If this is really their plan, they will make sure it destroys you from the inside slowly, taking advantage of your weaknesses."

"Isn't Ameerah showing them a weakness now by being stubborn?" Abdul pointed out. "I'm trying my best Mum to help the situation but if she doesn't listen to me, it will just make things worse."

Fadilat folded her arms and said, "Is that the only weakness you see huh? Ameerah is stubborn. yes, I agree but you are being secretive Khaleef. You are helping her but did you care to tell her your plans? This ideology of not discussing your plans with your wife hurts her more than you can think. This issue affects her more than it affects you. It's painful for a woman to be insulted that way and her family is included in this. You already know that Ameerah is used to fighting for herself and it won't be easy to get used to someone being her protector. You complain that she is stubborn but you need to help her understand that too. You don't tame your wife with just orders and assistance from the dark, you need to show her love, care, and support, especially in times like this. Not leaving her to think that you don't care and be planning otherwise outside. She will appreciate it but do you think that she will be happy?"

Abdul kept quiet listening to his mum. He and Zahra just acted like a loving couple before his mother, so when they were alone, they acted casually. After seeing the scandal, he was angry and hurt at the same time. All that they were saying about Zahra, was like he was being hit instead. He knew she was hurt knowing about it and he tried his best to work it out. Does he have to show it to her now?

Fadilat held his hand and said, "Your wife is a woman Khaleef, and women like it when they are shown care and love. Learn from the prophet okay? Don't just show your back to your wife and let her figure out what is in your mind all the time. I have spoken to Ameerah and I'm sure that she will understand you too if you explain everything to her."

"In Sha Allah mum. I will try. Jazakumullahu khair." Abdul smiled.

"Wa iyyaka." She returned. He stood up and kissed her forehead before going to his room. Zahra was already sleeping and after freshening up, he lay beside her and stared at her face for a while.
"I didn't want us to get personal but life keeps saying otherwise. I can't find any harm in marrying you Ameerah and I don't know how to mend the bad things I said before. What should I do?" He muttered in silence.

……..

The next day,
Zahra had to change plans because when she woke up for subh, Abdul wasn't in the house. She overslept but she didn't care and decided to later.

That morning after breakfast, Zahra helped Laila clean the house and accompanied Fadilat. The woman later said that she was going to visit a friend to discuss some business issues. Zahra admired Fadilat for her work because even though she didn't participate in the KT company directly, she used her skills to do other businesses from home. Zahra watches her leave before heading for the kitchen.

Now to make something special. Ingredients came down and flowers dusted the table and the oven was heated. For some time, Zahra was crafting different shapes on the table. She finished designing the cookies before bringing out the cake from the oven. She put the cookies next before garnishing the cake. She was well-focused as she drew designs on the cake. Before one knew it, the blue cake looked like a royal yet simple piece. Zahra took the cookies out first before adding her finishing touches to the cake.

She designed the cookies next, packaged them and the cake, and started cleaning up. Once the kitchen was back to normal, well except for the beautiful sense, she smiled and went upstairs to take a bath.

Zahra changed into a three-step royal blue skirt with a lighter blue shirt with folds too. With a matching veil, she took a deep breath before going downstairs.

Before anything else, Zahra called her mother and apologized for leaving abruptly yesterday and promised to make it up to her. Hazaan forgave her and she was finally relieved.

She held her breath first before calling Abdul. She smiled when be picked up and greeted, "Assalamualaikum,"

"Wa alaikumussalam love. How are doing? Miss me already?" He answered enthusiastically, making her dumbfounded.